A CD Box Set is composed of several albums compiled in a single box. There are several ways to catalog them under Audirvana so that they appear either as a box set of several albums or as independent albums.
Here are the advantages and disadvantages I found for each method:
- Cataloguing several albums as belonging to the same box set.
- Each record has the name of the box set, they are numbered sequentially from 1 to N (N being the number of records in the box set). Each title of each record is composed of the track title followed by a dash and the album name (or which can also be put in brackets). The image attached to each album is the one of the box set. The date of each record must be the date of the box set so that they are not dissociated when sorted by artist and release date.
- Advantages: In the Audirvana library, the consistency of the box set is preserved and appears as a compilation of records.
- Disadvantage: It is difficult to quickly identify an album in the box set. The images of the different albums are lost.
- Cataloguing of the albums independently of the box set.
- Each record has the name of the album followed by a dash and the name of the box set (or which can also be put in brackets). The image attached to each record is that of the album. The date of each record is that of the album.
- Advantages: The albums appear clearly in the Audirvana library with their covers and the actual release dates of the original albums.
- Disadvantage : The coherence of the box set, its cover and its release date are lost.
What solution do you use and do you have other cataloguing methods?