How to remove and reinstall?

I have gotten double tracks of almost all of my music, and don’t want to remove them individually (which would be 1000s). How can I simply totally delete Audirvana and reinstall cleanly? Each time it remove application et al and download new from the website, it has my old listing, with the doubles.

Start fresh Audirvana by deleting those files… big text, fast doing it :slight_smile:

If you have Playlists that are important export them first to desktop and save them in a folder… when Audirvana is reset, you can re-import them back in one shot. sadly to this day, the folders they were in if so, are not back, you have to do them again…

Before doing this, maybe you should not connect after deleting those files to Roon, Tidal or others… Install Audirvana alone with your database… if working, log to Roon or else after.

Go to Audirvana preferences menu and delete with the minus sign
your music folder(s) in the window.

Close Audirvana.

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System…
When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,
just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom…
click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Applications Support… Audirvana Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up! or not).

Restart MAC.
Restart Audirvana.You will need you serial number.

Open Audirvana, enter serial, choose a library folder at first it will sync in top middle of main window… LET IT GO, even better don’t try to adjust windows or edit files, even playing music while it is not finished… you’ll see the progress bar going… Could be long the first time depending on how large your library is, and MAC is fast or not… go to sleep if it is too long :slight_smile:

Then when finished, shut down Audirvana, yes, close it before playing a song…
That way you will have your database from scratch saved without doubles.
Then copy the .sqlite file to somewhere else as a backup with todays date, then open Audirvana, play a song.

You can copy that file for backup as many times you do tagging… if a bug oocured one day, just take your last backup and put it in the same place while Audirvana is close, then restart Mac and it will be back at that date in time… just do a resync and all your new music will be on. You will lose just the playing number time between the 2 backups. :wink: