I Heart Audirvana Origin

My ears tell me that Audirvana Origin’s audio quality is superior to Audirvana Studio; others on this forum have said the same. Whether you hear the difference or not doesn’t matter to me.

Geeezz………. Well okay

I don’t use either one so, duck, water, back…….later much later…

1 Like

Interesting…personally, I don’t like streaming or subscriptions. I own what music I own, and I do not prefer ‘renting’ it. Is my music library therefore subject to certain restricted finite limitations? Yes, of course. Yet, if I decide to play the aforesaid collection, it will take until May, 2024 to run through every song/track. So, AO works for me…for playback but not for ripping/cataloguing/archiving and such. For this, I use JRiver (no subscription and not really any need to pay for yearly updates). One day, maybe, AO will not work on some future Windows iteration…still not worried about that for now.

1 Like

Everyone on the forum knows this apparently, I don’t need Orgin so I guess I’m just gonna be missing out :wink:

@rafs , sounds like you are the perfect candidate for Orgin, I have a bunch of vinyl, cds, dvds, dvda, dts, Blu-ray blah blah blah, you know. With Qobuz I have a endless amount of new stuff that I wouldn’t normally be interested or exposed to so to each their own thing, they are both great :+1:t2: for the price of one cd monthly I have a complete library at my fingertip’s no media to store or move around.

1 Like

I :heart: Audirvāna, all the flavors are fine I suppose.

1 Like

Studio vs Origin. Same playback engine software on the same hardware but Origin sounds better? The HiFi industry loves these people. The brain tells you what you want to believe. If I spend $1000 on a USB cable to connect my DAC to my computer my brain tells me it sounds better because if it actually doesn’t then well… I’m a sucker and I really don’t want to believe that.

This thread, apart from the initial post explaining someones love for a great piece of software, makes me smile. Pure entertainment…

I use Studio but do not stream from Qobuz, Tidal, HRA… why not buy Origin instead? Because I get so much pleasure from listening to music with this software that I want the developer to get a steady stream of capital to continue their development into the future. A continuous revenue stream is key to Audirvana continuing to do so.

2 Likes

Absolutely :100:

You never use radio either?

1 Like

No.

1 Like

Interesting way to use Studio, how do you discover new music? I find that radio that provides metadata is quite useful. Studio is still missing this feature so far.
Have you test driven Orgin vs Studio? Seems like you clearly understand that all things being equal they sound identical, nuff said I suppose. Or we need better usb cables.

1 Like

It doesn’t, same layout, same sound, no streaming or radio, that is Origin, wait for @Antoine if you want to be Sure you are wrong :grinning:

3 Likes

I have an Apple One family subscription. I use Apple Music to discover new music then purchase CD quality or hires files from Qobuz. I get some classical music from NativeDSD. If I ever cancel the Apple One subscription then I would sign up for Qobuz… They keep reminding me that due to the discounts on albums for subscribers that I would pay less than I currently do at the download store. In this case I am prepared to accept the comments from my brain that I am a “sucker” but the family like Apple Music…

Yes I did try Origin, as expected sounded exactly the same to me…

1 Like

Got you, makes good sense, I have Qobuz and Amazon Music ( Mrs likes Amazon) and Amazon Music has a few things I can’t find on Qobuz. Works for us.

1 Like

Simple…

Audirvana Studio for philistines. (Streaming is just too too mo-dern.)

Audirvana Origin for the elete. (Origin says it all.)

:notes::musical_score::dancer::notes::musical_score:

2 Likes

So Phil, 3.5 users travel in steerage I suppose :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

3.5ers in that raft towing behind us. All doing quite well as I often see reported here. I fell for :heart: Audirvana + right from the beginning.

3.5 still resides as an archive on three backup discs. Accessible if T… gets back in and have to run for the woods.

NSW, Australia elected a Labour govt. in last night so I’m resting easy for the moment.

2 Likes

Ah yes my raft has pontoons, floating so well when the ship sinks :rofl:
Appreciate y’all doing the beta testing ( was that 3 updates last week? Epic )

Hope the new labour government goes well for you guys :+1:t2:
As long as it doesn’t end in 20 years of hard labor :wink:

2 Likes

Life is a beta test…and much more fun because of it!

3 Likes

Hi @OffRode

I don’t want to complain… but life is hard labour.… and ends in death… hopefully going under with my Audirvana set up giving me a Mahler finale.

Phil

3 Likes

The truth is often simply said.