I would like any information from anybody in this audivarna community

I started using Audirvana with the version 3.5 on MacOS. I’ve been happy customer ever since.

For a while I used it with Qobuz and Tidal, currently using only the local library stored on a NAS. Absolutely no issues, no duplicates, nothing… just pure joy. I use it with multiple DACs, plain PCM (no MQA). It just works.

I started using Audirvana since ver. 1.2 on Mac (MacBook Pro i7 16GB ram late 2011)
At the beginning with a usb connected dac then with a SOtM sms-200 network player.
Few duplicates at the beginning but understood they were due to my impatience, learn to wait for the end of the synchronization process and never again faced with them.
My archive is quite huge … more or less 11900 albums and 176000 tracks.
I use and external editor (Yate) to maintain metadata.
No streaming services, just local library.
The only problem is with DSD128 upsampling, but this is due to my cpu … quite old, and MacBook Pro fans run fast and noisy.
Happy user!

Thanks again for your inputs

Hello
I using Windows 10 and few programs like -
IDT Audio
K-Lite Codec Pack Standard
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015
Roon
Samsung Magician
USB HD Audio Driver
Audirvana
I have disconnected- CD - Room Driver and using only Samsung SSD Driver for a main Software Windows 10
My connection is- USB Cable from Computer to iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label DAC and to connect to Amplifier.
I using Computer only to listen music, put the Computer ON and to open Audirvana or Roon
nothing else.
Just Streaming from Tidal and Qobuz and I don’t using Local Files.
I control the music with Remote Control from Phone Samsung or Ipad.
Since I using Audirvana I never have any Issues.
I’m ok with Audirvana, working fine.

Thank you for your responses

I have been using Audirvana since late 2016. Sources are a NAS with the (old) iTunes library and Qobuz. Before that I used ITunes with puremusic for years. I had problems for a while when playback stopped a few seconds before the end. That problem has been gone for months. Whether it is due to updates, another Mac, or disabling upsampling is not clear to me.

Have Audirvana 3.5.37 running on a MacBook Pro and Catalina 10.15.5. Do I transmit music to my Sony Receiver STR DH590 there is an extreme loud scratching noise between all songs. Had already suspected up-sampling and deactivated it. But problem still exists.

If you enable upsampling, does the problem come back?

Yes I’ve tried that, it made it a little bit worse, but who knows, i will try again just to see if anything may improve

Thanks for everyone’s responses, I’m learning different scenarios because of your reponses and I could use all of these scenarios that could help me also , so thanks alot and keep all your responses coming, all this could help each of us or even others also

Good question you ask. I have tried to figure out when the problem went away for me.

A new (used) Mac mini with fresh installation made it a bit better. (From core2duo => i5)
The specific problem is gone for me after version 3.5.16.
The last months, before I bought a new DAC, I listened to upsampling without any problems.

Release 3.5.16

• Fix playback that could be stuck at end of track in some specific configurations

What I’ve seen on forums in recent years is that this problem is more common. Audirvana seems sensitive to timing of data at the end of a track. As far as I can estimate, specific cases are mostly solved by Damien. Only this keeps coming back. In my experience, this piece of the program should be made fundamentally more robust rather than working with patches around it.

Without specific knowledge on my part, this is probably easier said than done.

I totally agree with you

I have been using A+ for many years now. Sometimes with a complete new release I had some problems with syncing the hard drives, but they always could be corrected. I never had any doubles, let alone trebles… But in al these years I always use the same syntax for the meta data of all albums using Yate. In my experience doubles are nearly always caused by not using, or using different syntaxes for the meta data.
I use A+ stand alone (no iTunes) sometimes with upsampling, first on an dedicated old macpro music server, now on a dedicated 2019 Mac mini with an external OWC DAS with Thunderbolt 3.
A+ is as steady as a rock, I did not experience crashes for a long, long time.
Donald

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.