Importation issues

Hi everyone,
Impossible to import files (AIFF and others) from my mac or external HD. Files appear greyed. Audirvana is not synced with iTunes, what I don’t want ; My Mac runs High Sierra.
Thanks for your help.

All the files or just some of them? Can you play them with something else (ie iTunes, for aiff and not for flac obviously )

… and where do they appear greyed? In the finder or in Audirvana?

All the files appear in grey just with Audirvana when I try to import them. Yes, I can play them with other apps.

By the way, when I try to open Audirvana preferences, nothing happens. I wonder if an issue occurred when I synced Audirvana with iTunes at first (then I changed my mind) and then disconnected it from iTunes. I tried to reinstall it but the same happens.

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System…
When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,
just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom…
click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

Close Audirvana.

Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Preferences…
trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist and
com.audirvana.Audirvana.plist in that folder.

Restart Mac, Restart Audirvana… add a music folder.

Well, thanks a lot ! It worked. The files still appear in grey (I don’t understand why) but they have been imported. Thanks very much again for your help.

Do the file names have “.aif” or “.aiff” at the end?

They are the same even if aiff is the most common

But my question is whether it’s on the end or not. In macos, for instance, some apps won’t recognize files if they have no extension.

Every file must have an extension. Music files can be aiff/aif, flac, m4a, mp3, aac, wav, dsf, dff.

Exactly, which is why I asked OP if the files have proper extension. If not, this kind of behaviour can result. Good luck.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.