Impressed but.................. Not with radio streaming

I am new to Audirvana. I am very impressed with the setup of my large library of flac files on the system and the ability to easily search the library. And I am impressed with the playback sound, the very best I have ever experienced. (Mac mini to Airport Express (cat6), to BenchMark DAC 1 (optical), to Plinius SA-100 Amp() to B&W 804s . It sounds really fantastic.

BUT I had expected something much better on the streaming radio side. I had a very special interest in the promise of high quality BBC streams, particularly Radio 3. The quality is actually so poor, I feel I have been deceived by your marketing. And I am very disappointed.

Have others experienced similar issues? Is Audirvana addressing the issue?

Hey Adrian,

It appears Audirvana only gives access to BBC 3’s 128 kbit stream. Which is low quality itself.

Having access to BBC 3 in HD require having a direct integration with BBC in our software. We reached out to them but we didn’t get any response to get the access to the High Res one but we are on the subject.

It seems the BBC has closed the door to direct access to their radio streams and wants you to sign up to BBC Sounds to gain access to all their radio stations so it’s not the fault of the Audirvana team. You cannot even stream via Amazon now, So much for the peoples Broadcaster. Why should you have to sign up and give possible personal information and the sooner the License fee is abolished the better. This is happening to all radio broadcasters now and it seems they are moving to a subscription model, so much for freedom of the internet!. FYI still available on FM at the moment but for how long?.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.