Internet Radio URL play

Hello,
I would really appreciate Internet Radio too (and to add our own streaming URL because some Hi-Res radio link are not always known).
Thank you very much

2 Likes

So hard to put the possibility to add internetradio in??
2,5 years since the first requenst…

I have just got the latest edition of What HI-FI magazine in the UK and inside is a full page advert for Audirvana, now the picture of the control panel clearly shows on the left a selection for Radios and Podcasts.
This advert invites us to “Discover The New Audirvana Studio”.
I have long wanted to use Audirvana software but decided to invest in Roon simply because they offer the option to stream internet radio and Audirvana haven’t, I listen to the BBC streams at 320b plus Radio Paradise & JB Radio 2 in FLAC and they sound superb through Roon.
On seeing this advert yesterday in the magazine I thought, great Audirvana have finally incorporated Radio streams into their software, so I spent £84 to buy the latest version of Audirvana only to find that once downloaded it did NOT include any option to stream internet radio.
Could somebody (preferably from Audirvana) please explain what is going on and why they are advertising in the national Uk audio press a version of the software that is at present unavailable.
This is so frustrating and very disappointing.
Peter

2 Likes

That’s interesting! I’d like to know too.

Thanks for sharing.

Audirvana studio is Audirvana?

You have the advert to upload here? :grinning:

This is the June 2021 edition, just been delivered yesterday

Funny that it have a different letter on the second « a », but look really like Audirvana :grinning:
New version coming?

Edit: just saw the website on the ad…

Yes it’s really confusing, what I don’t understand is why would they put out an advert in the press about a new version but not mention anything about it on the website or even the Facebook page.
Be interesting to see what Damien has to say about it but unfortunately there’s been no update from him since January :thinking:

I think you just spoiled the surprise :grinning:

Well I sincerely hope the surprise will appear, as having forked out for the supposedly NEW software, I now feel a bit cheated that it’s not actually available!!

Quick update,
It would appear we might all be in for a little surprise in the next 2 weeks, so keep all your fingers & toes crossed :crossed_fingers: and keep an eye out on the website :sunglasses:

I don’t always like surprises… :wink:
That said, I have a suspicion that this might be one that could make a lot of Audirvana users very happy - even if it should cost us all about £65.
I’m not currently too fussed about radio via Audirvana (though I’m sure I’ll use it from time to time if it’s implemented), but I’m keen to see what else will be included in a new version.
My main personal wish is for a more stable remote implementation, and for an ability to sort Qobuz favourites according to genre and more personal preferences (including, ideally, user-named and sorted folders).
But that’s just me, of course… :slightly_smiling_face:

Still hoping for shuffle by album.

Just hope the ‘upgrade’ will be free for those who already have a license :flushed:

May 9th looking good :blush: check out the Audirvana Facebook page!!

I wouldn’t hold your breath on that…
The last major update was in 2019 (Audirvana 3.5), and this looks like a serious revamp/rewrite - it even has a fancy new name.
Historically, a discount has been given to current users for major new versions. That’s what I’d think is likely to happen again this time.

1 Like

So, it is likely that one would need to switch to studio to have Internet radios… sad. I will stay with my s****y Play-Fi, it is not as sleek as Audirvana but it is free (and mostly working). While I understand the advantages of subscription-based software for developer, it most often sucks for us users :money_mouth_face:

Interesting that you have to ‘pay’ to listen to ‘free’ internet radio

Why are you surprised, TuneIn is 10 bucks a month? You’re paying for the curated list of radio stations.