iPad A+ Remote/Audirvana Win10 Lost Connection Issue

I am using iPad2 as remote to Audirvana 3.5.1 Win10 (both via same WiFi hotspot), but the connection will lose very often when the A+ remote stays inactive for 10-30 mins. Once the connection is lost, 90% of the time the connection can not be re-established unless I exit and restart Audirvana Win10 again (didn’t reset WiFi router). In the past 90 mins., I have been trying to keep the connection alive by browsing between the Albums view and Tracks view in every 10 mins (seems A+ is loading the info for display), and there is no lost connection. Please check and advise if there is an software communication issue with PC.

With the iPad Remote connection drop issue, I have tried to disable the Auto Lock of the iPad Display & Brightness setting (set Auto Lock to Never) so the iPad screen never goes off (not going into sleep mode??) and the Remote has been working for 3 hrs without a connection drop. Maybe a temporary workaround until the Audirvana comes up with a permanent fix. Cheers.

This might help.
Reset your Network Settings on your Ipad. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
My Ipad randomly disconnected from wifi. A-remote didn’t like that. Me neither btw -)

Tried but no luck, the lost connection problem is still there

Hello @PWu,

Does you issue happen when your iPad goes to sleep or when your Win10 computer goes to sleep? Does it happen when Audirvana is opened in your computer?

Hi, Happened when iPad goes into sleep mode. Only way to re-establish connection is to exit Audirvana Win 10, restart Audirvana Win 10, and then close and restart iPad Remote.

Same problem herr with ipad sir. A bit annoying