ISO formated rips not recognised as music during scan

I think that this was working before, but it does not work any longer. Three files are stored in an album-folder, album.iso, album.ini and cover.jpg. Auto-scan does not recognise this folder and files as music. Why?

Hello @gocc, can you try to convert those iso rips in another format to see if Audirvana recognize them?

Thought of that but there is no way to convert iso files or split them on mac. The contents of the iso file are DSD or DSF files, but I cannot find the way to do the conversion on mac. I can open these files in VLC and see all the files packed inside the ISO, but cannot extract them.

Can you send us one of those iso file at support@audirvana.com?

You can use this, very easy and reliable, https://www.sonore.us/iso2dsd.html

Yes, sure, but these files are pretty massive, never under 1Gb. I’ll do it later today.

If you don’t have a cloud storage to send it, I can send you a link to upload it.

Cool! I’ll test this later today, sounds like the solution to my problem. Thanks!

I’ll send it via gdrive.

You should have link to the file in mail now

Thank you, we received it and take a look at it as soon as possible.

Hello @gocc, the file you try to play is a video:

This is why Audirvana can’t open your file.

I have several new examples of hires music in iso format that is not recognised by Audirvana. This is definitely a bug that you should take care of because plenty of available hires rips are in iso format.

Hello @gocc, can you send us the file at support@audirvana.com?

I’ve send a file which is not recognised by audirvana scan.

I tried with the iso file you sent to us and I could sync it with Audirvana, where is the file located in your case is it on a NAS?

Yes, all my music is on a nas.

Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 15.23.54

After you added the file to the location, have you clicked on the sync button next to the synced folder in Audirvana settings?

What protocol do you use to connect to the NAS, AFP, CIFS, …?

Yes, of course, a couple of times. All directories containing single flac files are identified correctly, but not the iso files.