Issues with A+ UPnP functionality

The other day I was streaming TIDAL from A+ v3 to my OPPO UDP-205 (upsampling to DSD128), when out of nowhere A+ crashed in the middle of a song. I sent the crash report to Apple and relaunched A+. To my shock and dismay, my library of @ 1,400 albums was completely wiped out. Gone. Empty. I am not talking about saved TIDAL favorites. I am talking about my FLAC and DSD files. I like the sound of A+ when it works, but in my system it has too many bugs and glitches to be reliable. I am reluctantly mothballing A+ and switching to JRiver (which works with all my UPnP/DLNA renderers).

The issues with UPnP are not fixed in v3.2.9.

Hi

Just installed Snowmass 2.01 on my PS Audio Directstream junior. Streaming Spotify via ethernet is fine. However, A+ only plays one song and won’t continue. As i can stream from A+ via USB it appears the issue is the PS Audio bridge and A+ not playing nicely together. any solutions in the A+ settings that could help???

thanks
Sean

I can give one positiv feedback to UPnP.
I’m using A+ UPnP with a Yamaha RX A880 Receiver. It works perfekt and very stabil. Just klicking Play in A+, the Receiver powers on, chose the right Input and plays.
I tried to hear differences between UPnP and my DAC without finding some. So for me it is a very good and cableless solution.
Best Regards
Lutz

I have a Linn Klimax DSM and I am having exactly the same issues as @dschoem pointed out, so I stopped using it.

However, today I decide to give Audirvana (v 3.5.19) another try, and so far everything seems fine.

I really like Audirvana because it sounds the best.

I think I spoke too soon, I’ve found that the latest version 3.19 still has issues with UPnP, after listening to the Linn Klimax DSM for a couple of hours, I had to reboot the Linn since it no longer responded to Audirvana.

I think I will use (test) Audirvana again when a release comes out.

In my case UPnP to either chord poly or Yamaha wxa-50 amd the progress bar is not working properly. Every time I place the progress bar anywhere in the song then the song will just start from the beginning.