Jump to Folder doesn't work every time

Hi,

after clicking on a track, the folder icon that should lead me to that track in Windows Explorer sometimes brings me to C://Documents rather than the correct folder.

Here is a demonstration:

At first, I though it could be the accents in the folder name but I realised jumping to other folders with special characters work.

Note: this has already been reported here but the topic was closed after the user couldn’t reproduce the issue.

If you try to copy and paste the file path in your file explorer, does it point to teh actual file?

Hello Damien, is there a proper way to copy the file path within Audirvana, or must I compare the paths visually?

You will have to compare the path visually or you can enter the path of the file from Audirvana in file explorer.

Could it be because of commas? Apparently, files that can’t be reached in the explorer have one or more commas in their path. (I have folders with the naming convention “Name, First Name”. e.g. Schubert, Franz)

Can you take a look at your log file? It can be in two different locations :
C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Packages\Audirvana.Audirvana-[… id number that can vary]\LocalCache\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana
C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana

Do you see errors to access tracks ?

After trying with several folders today, nothing wrong appeared in the log file (just the normal ASIO debug text at startup). However, I can confirm that this happens with paths wich have folders with commas.

I know they are not recommended in file names but when renaming all my folders would take a while.

Hello, any news regarding this issue I reported at the end of 2020?
Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.