Jump to next track when playing local files

Hello,

I am using Audirvana to play High-Res files from a Windows-based NAS to my Naim ND5 XS2 through WiFi. Sometimes a track is ended abruptly (this happens in the last 20 to 30 seconds of the track) and there is a jump to the next track. This happens irregularly and with different files. Any idea what could be the reason and how it could be fixed?

Best regards,
Marti

Hello @Marti,

Can you send me a copy of the “Debug Info” after selecting the ND5XS2? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>General>Debug Info

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

This kind of issue can be related to the amount of memory used by Audirvana. Have you tried to lower it to 5000MB? Does it happen only with DSD files?

Reducing the memory to 5000MB did not help. The error however only occurs with HighRes files, FLAC worked ok. Usually the first track of the playlist still finishes correctly. The jump happens in the last 30 seconds of the second or third track that is played.

Does your Windows 10 computer have speaker? If it’s the case, have you tried to pay through it? Do you have the latest firmware from Naim?

I have got the most recent firmware from Naim. Playing the HighRes files via the PC speaker worked without any problems.

Okay, does it happens with files at different sample rates?

Yes, it happens with all sample rates above 44.1 kHz at various bit rates (with and without DSD support). Jump to next track occurs at varying positions of the track played.

I think you might consider contacting Naim about it as your ND5XS2 seems to have an issue with his internal UPnP clocking since it sees the track as ended before the real end of it.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.