Le nouveau logo d'Audirvāna

Est-ce que quelqu’un sait expliquer pourquoi on a ajouté un accent grave au nom d’Audirvana ? Quelle est la signification de cela ?
Et que représente le petit dessin qui précède le nom dans le nouveau logo ?
Merci.

Looks like a stylised “a” to me. The accent or the line above the “a” in the name looks to be there to recall the logo.

But that’s just me guessing…

The new brand identity is quite esoteric:

To mark the opening of a new chapter in the brand’s history, its visual identity is also evolving: Audirvāna is now spelled with a “long A,” like Nirvāna in Sanskrit, emphasizing the original meaning of the name and the quest for perfection and absoluteness that it embodies. The new logo, simpler and more readable, is accompanied by a symbol that is both technical and spiritual, freely inspired by the “ajna” and its mantra “Om”: the original sound.

Matt

Oh dear!
I can only guess that a quarter of the grey matter wasted on this “blue sky thinking” would have solved a number of bugs…

2 Likes

Do you really think a developer would be able to come up with this?

1 Like

Well, they came up with Audirvana… :wink: :laughing:

More seriously, there is quite a cost attached to “rebranding”.
Can you imagine how many monthly subscriptions have been necessary for this, as I see it the resource could have been used to tidy up a few other things.
I cannot recall having ever seen a thread about Audirvana as a brand.

That’s as far as it goes. :wink:

At least he should be able to control such esoteric BS.
I think this new branding, the completely new HP and the new management must be expensive.

Matt

There is no need to place an accent for a long ‘A’. It already a long ‘A’ in English and (AFAIK) in French. I can conceive of no other sensible pronunciation.

As much as I loved the old style logo, for many reasons, I have come to love the new “identity” AUDIRVĀNA STUDIO presents. Very sophisticated.

Huh? I always pronounced the second “A” in Audirvana as a short “A”, like in “katakana”.

Looking at the category title, I am guessing there is no “ā” character on the French keyboard?

Haha indeed there isn’t, and I can’t find any easy “mechanical” shortcut for it, but with recent macOS versions it’s easy to reach with a long press on the “a” character whichever keyboard you’re using :relaxed:

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.