Lecture fichiers dsd

Ce que je lis sur le DAC Chord TT2 montre que le DSD over PCM ne marche pas au dela du format DSD128, même si le DAC semble capable de lire les formats DSD256 et DSD512.

Vous avez la possibilité d’utiliser le Kernel Streaming pour voir? Je ne suis pas un expert du PC, donc je ne connais pas bien les confs possibles.

Eric

The problem here is that an ASIO driver can provide RAW DSD and should not need DoP at all. It should not even offer that option in Audirvana. The ASIO driver has to be provided by Chord. Maybe ask Chord about an updated driver?

On a PC Kernel Streaming and WASAPI have the same limitations. Both can only do DoP, but do not need a driver from Chord. Those drivers are built in Windows.

Google translate:
Le problème ici est qu’un pilote ASIO peut fournir RAW DSD et ne devrait pas avoir besoin de DoP du tout. Il ne devrait même pas offrir cette option dans Audirvana. Le pilote ASIO doit être fourni par Chord. Peut-être demander à Chord un pilote mis à jour?

Sur un PC, Kernel Streaming et WASAPI ont les mêmes limitations. Les deux ne peuvent faire que DoP, mais n’ont pas besoin d’un pilote de Chord. Ces pilotes sont intégrés à Windows.

Thanks Andy,
That was exactly my understanding and I was surprised to see those options appearing with a direct USB connection to the DAC. I thought we only need them with a network connection to the DAC.
That’s why I proposed to select another type of connection (Kernel Streaming).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.