Library rebuild

Hello everybody,

I want to get Audirvana to rebuild the library. Is that possible and if so how.
It’s a little messy.

thanks

In case you don’t have a backup… you can redo your database…

If you have Playlists that are important export them first to desktop and save them in a folder…
when Audirvana is reset, you can re-import them back in one shot. sadly to this day, the folders
they were in if so, are not back, you have to do them again…

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System… When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there, just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom… click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

If you continu and trash the database, you will lose also the play count number of how many times
you played those songs… if important to you or not.

Go to Audirvana preferences panel and delete with - sign your music folder(s) there.

Close Audirvana.

Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Applications Support… Audirvana Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up! or not).

Restart Mac. Restart Audirvana.

Add a music folder when asked or go to prefs again and add one with + sign.
LET IT SYNC, even better don’t try to adjust windows or edit files, even playing music
while it is not finished… you’ll see the progress bar going… Could be long the first time
depending on how large your library is, and Mac is fast or not…
go to sleep if it is too long. :slight_smile:

Then when finished, close Audirvana, yes close it before playing a song…
That way you will have your database from scratch saved without crashing or bugs.
Then copy the .sqlite file to somewhere else in a folder as a backup for today.
Do this as often you can, if you do many edits in your library or add many CDs, that way
if a bug comes back, you’ll have an not so far library to put back in the same place without bugs.

When copied, reopen Audirvana, and play a song. :slight_smile:

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your quick answer.

I found all the files. Was a little triggy. In any case, the library is now tidied up again. :slight_smile: I still have to correct a few small things.

Thank you again. That answers my question.

Typically how long will Audirvana sync, say, a 1TB Flac files in a HDD?

If i hit sync button, My 3.5tb flac and dsf sync in less then 30 seconds with audirvana studio

How come perpetual complaints about synching have irritated members of the Audirvana community, myself included?

Hi phrangko58,

Only now I have read your last post (21.Sept.21) because I have to clean up my library again.No idea why audirvana me in the view “local / albums” that all over.

With the gray pic’s are 1, 2 or 3 titles.Under the white, the rest is located. However, the actual file directory (in the “Finder” of Mac) is all OK.I suspect that that happens when I call the iTunes Mediathek - to synchronize.

I will carry out the procedure as described above in the hope it works so.The first time with this problem it worked.

Up

Hello @Detlef,

Before using Audirvāna Studio, did you had Audirvāna 3.5 in your computer? It’s possible that the conversion of the database file of the 3.5 version to Audirvāna Studio had an issue during the conversion process.

Can you remove your AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite file?

Special Warning : When you delete the file AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite, you will lose all the Playlists and Favorites you created in Audirvāna Studio.

However, you can back-up all those Playlists and Favorites by going in the Local section of Audirvāna Studio.

To go to it with the Finder:

1.  Open its Go menu

2.  Pressing the option (or alt) key, and maintain it pressed. This reveals the Library command in this Go menu.

3.  Click on this Library command

4.  In the Finder window that opens, navigate into Application Support, then Audirvana

5.  You’ll find there the file AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite

After doing this, move the AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite (this is the 3.5 version database) to a different location like your Desktop.

Finally, open Audirvāna Studio and sync your folder to check if you still have your issue. If you don’t have it anymore, you can restore your playlists and favorites.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.