Loud White Noise / Static First Song

I have that also sometimes but not always when starting first song of the day…
static noise, but not a burst that can blow speakers. Origin on Ventura beta, was there also on Monterey or Big Sur, Mac mini 2018.

I’ve been up sampling to DSD 64 for the past few days, haven’t noticed the issue since. No idea why this could could prevent the white noise or if this is somehow detrimental in some other way…

Update still havent had the issue since ive been upsampling…

Hi. I encountered this today. I was playing from Audirvana to one of my endpoints from Qobuz. The first track started ok then I got a very very loud blast of horrible noise. Unfortunately I was using headphones and I got such a terrible fright and it was physically painful. Now I can’t listen to anything without trepidation, I have been trying out Audirvana and all had been going well until this. I’m stopping now. I should not have to trouble shoot things like this to listen to my music, fearful of another blast in my ears. Happened twice now and had enough.

I wouldn’t bother posting here, there is no solution other than someone talking about a straw man and implicating that a 2022 mid range iMac is not powerful enough to stream an audio file.

I switched to Roon a month ago and have not looked back.

You can try enabling mute during sample rate changes.

:notes: :eye: :headphones: :eye: :notes: @Northernlights

The reality is that we all must trouble-shoot our own unique system configurations

What you are experiencing is a ‘loss of synchronization’ of the data being transmitted from of the host computer and Audirvana to your DAC, somewhere along the transmission path… What is causing this loss of synchronization can be precipitated by multiple elements along the digital-audio signal path from the storage device, through the host computer hardware platform and software-player interfaces and out-through the transmission bus and interface controllers subsequently delivered by the electronic and electro-mechanical means of connection to your DAC …

The place to start is to get back to a basic connection to your DAC… If this does not exhibit the problem, you have to look beyond this and into your network distribution scheme… If the issue persists in the simple configuration, then other questions crop-up regarding computer platform configurations and Audirvana configurations and DAC firmware, that may be precipitating your loss of synchronization problem…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.