MacOS Catalina DF red Audirvana 3.5 MQA max bit rate?

Yes, already off and set to 100%. See the debug info above

Hello @Ance_Kuzev, Is your file weight 760 MB or 98 MB?

Which file Damien? I don’t think I understand sorry

Sorry, I wasn’t precise enough. I want to know the weight of the file you were using while your took the screenshot previously.

The debug info txt file is only few kb. If you think about the song from the screenshot, that is being streamed from tidasl so I don’t know that sorry

I am very interested in Damien’s response. I have the exact same hardware setup as Ance_Kuzev. I too have wondered why MQA files from Tidal, played through Audirvana on MacOS, do not exceed 24/96 when using my DragonFly Red, even though it is an MQA rendering device.

1 Like

Hopefully there is a solution for Mac Os users not been able to render beyond MQA 24/96.

if there is software related issue or limitations on Audirvana software or MacOs they should confirm this or make a statement about it

1 Like

I hope Damien will have a solution soon. Now that we confirmed that mac users are left behind. Thanks to your support my speculations have been confirmed

1 Like

Hi Fran. Couldn’t agree more. Especially from perspective that macOS was superior in sound but now all of a sudden is limited?? Waiting to hear from Damien. Thanks for your support

1 Like

Mc os is clever enough to know you don’t need any more than 24/96, or even as much, for hi quality sound…

1 Like

He’s more concerned that the MQA doesn’t kick in than the resolution itself.

yeah, i get that…
but MQA is a solution to a problem we don’t have…

“In an interview for online publication Positive Feedback, engineer Andreas Koch is critical of MQA due to its lossy algorithms and compression, along with its licensing requirements; also saying that a format such as this "does not solve any problem that the world currently has."[19] Koch was involved in the creation of the Super Audio CD, the development of the Direct Stream Digital codec, and is co-founder of audio product manufacturer Playback Designs.”

Well, one might argue the same thing about DSD.

MQA actually tries to solve a problem we have. It’s how to get closer to DSD sound quality without the bandwidth requirements of DSD (so that we can stream the music on demand).

Whether MQA is succeeding in this is open to debate.

1 Like

I have to disagree. Sorry. I need to point out that I am happy with 24/96 and I don’t have a million dollar worth of equipment at home to notice difference above 24/96. The whole point is that the same program that I purchased is functioning in completely different manner under different operating system? Put MQA aside. I feel that I’m missing out. Full stop. On top of everything else here is a proof that it is Audirvana related. I installed Roon on the same Mac and results are fantastic and i get a full unfold. We can discuss as much as we like about frequencies etc but the truth remains the same. Audirvana needs an update/fix

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.