The steps which it seems (to me; I agree - not intuitive!) as though you need to take next are these:
- as @stefano_mbp says, right/CTRL-click on a panel (I tried ‘Info’ at first; not a good idea - I restored it) - maybe the fifth on the bottom under ‘Audio’ because it’s blank… I assume this is Custom field 10
- dismiss the ‘Custom Panel Editor’ popup - possibly checking the box not to show again
- navigate to the folder in which you’ve downloaded the Audirvana template
- select it and import it
- it will then tell you that there are no other choices but to accept the default values
- you seem to have to click on the accept button several times, which shows the various correspondences (have just discovered that these seem to correspond to an Advanced Preference > Custom Fields)
I may have missed some steps, or not described them properly - especially #s 5, 6 - because I’m not yet clear on the relationship between Panels and Custom Panels yet; not to mention Layouts! I’d like to refine this and notate a proper workflow, but I can’t seem to remove the mistake I made at #1 even by ‘Reset Default Layout’
A parallel question has to be now: (why) does it matter which Panel you right/CTRL-click on to bring up the Edit Custom Panels?
Are we aiming to edit one or all ten Panels?
IOW does the process which @stefano_mbp describes and I’ve tried to continue (not very well, I fear: my apologies) replace just one of the ten panels with the Audirvana template? Or does the inclusion of the Audirvana template create a new set of ten panels?
If the former (changes only, say the tenth panel), then:
- why can’t I get any text to appear in the tenth (fifth to the right on second row) panel
- what happens to the other nine; and why?
If the latter (all ten panels new), then how does the Audirvana template comes into play?
In either case, if I successfully create an Audirvana Custom Panel, I can’t yet see how to display its fields as desired… right-clicking in the main display’s Headers does produce a list of fields to display with all those currently visible checked/ticked; how to force the dedicated Audirvana fields just loaded from the 2manyrobots template - and then what to do with them - is unclear (to me)!
It appears (from the ‘The Custom Panel Editor’ Yate Help topic) as though it may be necessary to change settings in the List Preferences; though it’s not immediately clear (to me) how and whether this could potentially compromise other aspects of display.
And - even then - how and whether this has a permanent effect on your music files, or just the Yate database. I guess the former, otherwise we wouldn’t be doing this for the Auridvana library.
Have registered on the 2manyrobots forum to see if this is dealt with there. Happy to report back here if it is and I can understand it
At first glance, the topic does seem to be discussed. One thread is from 2014. More later…
In the long run - assuming that the Audirvana-Specific template accurately amends the audio/music file to suit Audirvana - it all comes down to how to save the changes from that Custom field!