Metadata Problems – Track Artist Names Confuse Studio v.2.0

I’m loving Studio 2.0 for the most part — some good improvements made — but I thought I’d raise one glitch I’ve noticed:

I usually remove any “feat. (artist’s name)” info from a track title, and add the supporting artist’s name instead to the “artist” pane in the track’s metadata.

It used to work fine, but in Studio 2.0 when I add a “feat.” artist’s name to a single track in the 'Artist" pane, in addition to the album artist’s name, Studio creates a whole new album with both names as the Album Artists, instead of simply adding the 'feat." name to the track-only metadata.

It doesn’t seem to be able to distinguish between album artists and track-only artists.

The only way to return the track to the album is to delete the “feat” artist’s name from the newly-created album, and re-enter all the other matching metadata and album cover.

It’s not a huge deal, but I thought I’d mention that it happens…

Hello @Dave_Hansford,

Can you send us one track of each album created at support@audirvana.com so I can reproduce your issue?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.