Missing music and Audirvana 3.5.25

I’ve tried to get Audirvana to read through my music files but it keeps missing particular albums. Reinstalled Audirvana removed all associated and log files but still no joy. Particular files are Apple Music but this doesn’t stop Audirvana reading some of the other Apple Music files.
iMac late 2017; 10.15.1 running Audirvana 3.5.25
Any suggestions?

welcome to the community !
I am using Audirvana since 2012, and I remember a difficult start as you are presenting here …
I was using many different files from different sources, in different formats, some with metadata others without …

I “rebuilt” the whole library slowly , sorting files in categories (folders), then adding these folders in the Audirvana’s folders to sync, one by one and checking the results …

For some files that could not be accessed within Audirvana, I converted them using a utility (my preferred one was :
https://switch-audio-file-converter.fr.uptodown.com/windows ) .
after all that work, I ended up with a stable and reliable library , easy to search, using smart playlists .
I now frequently purchase music on line and add them manually in the right folder (music category), they appear in Audirvana quickly with no more problems.
Good luck .

Alain,

Many thanks for the suggestion.

Will give it a try and see what happens.

All best wishes,

Paul

Alain,

I think the issue centres on those albums I have bought from various sources, i.e. actual own the product, and those albums which I have subscriptions to, i.e. listen using my Apple Music account. For the former there is no problem but for the latter then don’t appear. I suspect that there is some form of copyright protection operating that prevents Audirvana accessing the files. Would this be your understanding? It is a pity but that would appear to be life.

Best wishes,

Paul

There are tracks that can’t be played outside of iTunes (they are thus skipped in Audirvana):

• the DRM protected tracks (usually files ending with .m4p), due to the copy protection mechanism, like the ones coming from Apple Music

• the iCloud/iTunes Match tracks, using an iTunes specific protocol for retrieving the audio data. To get them to play in Audirvana, you need to download all the songs you want to play thru Audirvana into your computer library by clicking the cloud icon present showing the album is in the cloud, not the library.

• the tracks in a Home Sharing library, for same reason (using an Apple non public sharing protocol). If you are using this, there is a workaround that consists in sharing the audio files on the server (to be able to access them from the Finder on the client Mac), and then import the track files in iTunes, or just add the shared folder to the synchronized list in the Library page of Audirvana preferences. This way, standard file sharing protocol is used, and Audirvana is able to access the audio files.

Damien,

Many thanks for this. Will try this and see if it works.

Best wishes and thanks again,

Paul