Moving audio files from iTunes to Audirvana strategies

I have 5330 songs in iTunes and 4880 in Audirvana and I thought I moved them all. I guess not.

I’ve been down this road before in iTunes and created a huge mess with duplicate songs and would really rather not make that mistake again.

Does anyone have any great advice to figure out what songs/albums I’m missing?

Thanks
Paul

They could be the iCloud/iTunes Match tracks, using an iTunes specific protocol for retrieving the audio data. To get them to play in Audirvana, you need to download all the songs you want to play thru Audirvana into your computer library by clicking the cloud icon present showing the album is in the cloud, not the library

Excellent suggestion! I’ll look into that but on the surface, I suspect you are correct.
Paul

I had the same problem; missing about 10% of my iTunes files on my initial sync to Audirvana. I discovered that all the missing files - every single one - were all old protected m4p files, which apparently Audirvana will not accept. I purchased a file conversion program, converted them to unprotected mp3 files, then in iTunes converted them to AIFF files. After that, I imported them into Audirvana. That solved my problem, anyway. Good luck.

Why? You just inflated the file size. You should have just converted it to m4a (AAC without DRM).

Good point, Bitracer. What is the process for converting?
Thanks
Paul

Well you shouldn’t be really doing that, since it’s a copyright violation. I assume that the same tool you used to convert to mp3 can do that too.

I haven’t converted anything at this point. From iTunes, I have Purchased m4a files that transferred to Audirvana great. It is the protected m4a files that won’t play outside of iTunes.

Those are protected for a reason. You don’t have the license to use those outside iTunes/Music.

If you remove the DRM protection you’re violating the copyright. Just saying.

I would suggest to purchase that music if you like it. Even better, buy it elsewhere in FLAC uncompressed.

Yes as a Tidal subscriber, I’ll go make a playlist there with these protected songs. I’m not about to violate the artists livelihood. I hope others have the same appreciation for artists, otherwise, we’ll have gear but nothing pretty to play on it.

I get it, but technically it’s still copyright violation.

What you can do is subscribe to Apple Match and it will automatically give you a licensed AAC file for every mp3 you have. No questions asked.

I think you misunderstood my point. I can create a playlist on Tidal of the songs that I’m missing from the protected environment of iTunes, how is that infringing on anyone’s copyright?
Cheers

Yep, I misunderstood. That’s totally fine, of course.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.