MQA tracks with 3.5

Any updates from staff?

The longer it takes the more people will discover that the native tidal app might be a real alternative…

I wrote about my problem to Tidal last week. I got this answer:

Samuel J. (TIDAL)

Nov 27, 2023, 8:18 AM EST

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch with TIDAL Support!

Select TIDAL partners will begin supporting TIDAL Connect later this year. For more information on if your specific device is supported, please reference tidal.com/supported-devices.
Unfortunately, Audirvana is not a supported device at the moment.
If you have any other questions, please let us know.
Thank you,
Samuel
TIDAL Support”
How should I understand this?

1 Like

Hi @Tomlis,

I’m sorry but I would like to see the artist page, not an album playing, can you please go on the Coldplay page on your Pioneer control app and post a screenshot of the albums you see?

Tidal Connect and MQA in Audirvāna 3.5 have nothing in common. Tidal Connect is a connection protocol made by Tidal, MQA is not a connection protocol and is already in Audirvāna 3.5.

Hi 3.5 users,

Since the activation of TIDAL MAX on our partner API, TIDAL does not provide as many MQA tracks as before. It should display the Hi-Res FLAC tracks but the implementation of TIDAL in version 3.5 was done before TIDAL Max. Therefore, the HiFi Plus subscription tier is not recognized by Audirvāna version 3.5 and is limited to 16/44 CD quality.

The subscription status check wasn’t initially activated by TIDAL which gave access to Hi-Res files in version 3.5 for a short period, before the update of their API.

1 Like

Hi,
Thx for explanation.

But are you going to fix this on the legacy Audirvāna versions?

Or what is your way forward on the topic?

1 Like

Please see two first pages form the list of albums:

Ok so two versions of the Album:

Are those two MQA or one is MQA and the other is Hi-Res FLAC?

Unfortunately what has been done by TIDAL can’t be undone, neither by us and neither by them. They do not want to revert to the old state of the API to avoid breaking anything in it and making the TIDAL integration of the 3.5 unusable. And on our end, we can’t do anything in this situation as they provide the audio content.

Two MQA tracks 44 green and 192 blue (Studio).
But please see Everyday Life - we have all tracks… MQA 96 blue and 44/16.
The lists of tracks are still the same as one year ago.

Ok, so what you have is MQA from your Pioneer, not Hi-Res FLAC, this means Pioneer has not made the update to TIDAL MAX.

The content you see on your Pioneer comes from TIDAL, the same goes for Audirvāna, it’s just the version of their API that has not been updated to support MAX (Hi-Res FLAC up to 24/192Khz).

So the legacy versions of Audirvana will remain unusable for Tidal in highend quality?

What about the current version?
Does/will that support tidal in full quality?

2 Likes

I guess, they didn’t
But please see another eg. below see screen from TIDAL and compare with your screens.

No, I have this:

Now I can’t log in to Tidal at all through Audirvana.