Music App synchronisation with Audirvana

In which format do you rip the files? I assume AAC or MP3.

Why don’t you create 2 libraries, one lower quality for iTunes and one in FLAC for Audirvana?

I rip in aiff. Not interested in mp3 and definitely not in keeping two libraries. It is enough with one!

Sorry Damien3 but you don’t seem to get what I’m saying. I only ever use method two when syncing with iTunes. I used method one (monitoring a folder) only as a check to try to understand what happens in A, why it can’t sync correctly and why the database seems to get corrupted over time. When doing these checks using method one I noticed another faulty behaviour in A. The Miles Davis album showed up as 14 albums with all file paths wrong pointing to wrong tracks in wrong albums (se my screen shots above!). But not when monitoring only this album folder, not the whole Music folder, then the album turns up correctly. Everything is ok in iTunes but not in A. Is I have said I have verified my file system and are 100% sure there are no duplicates in iTunes or in the file system.

This is a screen shot of the duplication when monitoring the Music folder using method one:

This is screen shot of the same Miles album when monitoring only that album folder:

This is not a iTunes problem!!! It is neither a problem from mixing the two methods of monitoring/syncing the Music folders, which you seem to imply. Please check my screen shots and read what I haver written!!! As I have said several times before in this thread there are two problems in A you have to address as developer: 1) Corruption of the A database file over time when syncing with iTunes; 2) discrepancies when monitoring the same folder, a) as a subfolder of the Music folder and b) as a single folder.