Music integrated mode (legacy) MAC

I’m trying to use this feature but seem to be hitting a brick wall.

Below are my settings and as you can see I do get SysOptimizer Error.

My Denon AVR is showing that my Mac Mini 2018 connected via HDMI isn’t being fed with anything that AS should be.

Any ideas?

Music integrated mode indicates to me that Studio is not new software at all; simply 3.5 with a small number added features bolted on, which is why I will not use it. Sound quality is also identical, to my ears and its is so buggy.

This is simply a wrong assumption. You have no idea what changes have been made under the hood based on your comment, as do the rest of us.

2 Likes

try deleting its preferences…

Close Audirvana

Go to the Main Library Folder… PrivilegedHelperTools folder…
Trash All the files in that folder from Audirvana (that folder install SysOptimizer)
Go to the Main Library Folder… LaunchDaemons Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder from Audirvana (SystemOptimizer and prefs files)

Restart MAC. Restart Audirvana… play song, it will reinstall it :grinning:

I also wrote that:

Since the error says it couldn’t communicate with the helper, check your Security & Privacy System Preferences in your Mac since you have more secure Catalina installed… nothing unchecked there for Audirvana?

I’m also on Catalina, if you want to try to put my files there to see if it is working… they are just preferences files installed by Audirvana… i put a .zip file in my dropbox for you to try:

Dropbox

AudirvanaSysOpt.zip

Shared with Dropbox

If you don’t trust me, do a backup before to restore… but they are genuine, no worry. If it still doesn’t work after, remove them.

If you try mine, close Audirvana, put the 2 files in the folder i wrote, and the other 2 in the other folder i wrote… if you don’t have these folders in your main Library, create a new folder and paste the name i wrote. After putting the 4 files in the 2 folders, restart your Mac. Then restart Audirvana and play a song… check in the lower right bottom of Audirvana window if you see the SysOpt in green.

Damien wrote that also on SysOpt:

Can you close Audirvana and do the three commands below in Terminal?

sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool.plist

sudo rm /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool

sudo rm /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool.plist

After doing this, can you open Audirvana and play a track?

Cheers. I already read that thread and tried it, no joy. I’ll give it another try tomorrow when the Stella as worn off :joy:

I typed the following in from Damien3, put in my password and got this message.

% sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool.plist

Password:

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool.plist: Path had bad ownership/permissions

Load failed: 122: Path had bad ownership/permissions

Also worth noting when I downloaded the files they had -Plus at the end of Audirvana, I cut that out but still the same error.

Can someone with Big Sur (or better still Monterey) have a look in the Library folder and see what the correct names are?

Cheers

Well after spending the best part of today trying to get this to work I’m giving up. It shouldn’t be this difficult to get a bit of software to work.

I have opened those Dropbox plist files in a text editor and can see several references to Audirvana-Plus could this be causing me issues?

PS I have no idea about coding or even what I am looking at lol

Are you trying to play Apple Music (streaming service) tracks using the Music Integrated mode?

Yes.

But before doing any of this I’m getting the above errors.

even with Studio version, my Sys Opt files are the same as i posted here… don’t rename them, just put where they goes… if you do the Terminal commands of Damien, don’t put my files there…

Ok. Redoing it all now.

First of all you will not be able to play Apple Music (streaming) tracks in Studio until we are allowed to do it.

Those tracks are using the copy protection mechanism of Apple and we can’t play them unless we break this protection (which is illegal).

And for the SysOptimizer issue, are you using the latest version of Studio?

AS 1.5.5

And this is what I get if I put those lines into Terminal.

As for playing Apple tracks… that’s what I thought until someone mentioned it on the forum.

Okay, can you take a look at those folders in Finder? Based on the information from Terminal, the SysOptimizer files are not there, is it the case?

Correct.

Though I have tried those I downloaded above.

If you reboot your Mac and try to play a track in Studio with the settings “Disable Spotlight” and “Disable Time Machine” enabled you should see a window appearing asking you to install SysOptimizer. Can you check if it’s the case?

Doesn’t like it.

Since you are using MacOS Monterey public beta, we will need to check this on our side as this update is not the final release Apple will make.