Music Integrated Mode preferences + Apple Music(streaming service)

I have a subscription to Apple Music Service. When I load audirvana in music integrated mode and play an album / track in Apple Music do I hear through the audirvana engine?
I tried to deactivate volume control by music but there is no effect. Same thing about deactivate play position control.

Hello @nir,

There are tracks that can’t be played outside of iTunes (they are thus skipped in Audirvana):

• the DRM protected tracks (usually files ending with .m4p), due to the copy protection mechanism, like the ones coming from Apple Music

• the iCloud/iTunes Match tracks, using an iTunes specific protocol for retrieving the audio data. To get them to play in Audirvana, you need to download all the songs you want to play thru Audirvana into your computer library by clicking the cloud icon present showing the album is in the cloud, not the library.

• the tracks in a Home Sharing library, for same reason (using an Apple non public sharing protocol). If you are using this, there is a workaround that consists in sharing the audio files on the server (to be able to access them from the Finder on the client Mac), and then import the track files in iTunes, or just add the shared folder to the synchronized list in the Library page of Audirvana preferences. This way, standard file sharing protocol is used, and Audirvana is able to access the audio files.

I understand, thank you

Tracks coming from Apple Music (at least those in “lossless” format have the extension .movpkg.
They can’t be played via Audirvana as well :(.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.