My initial verdict after 1 day of testing on Win10 & MacOS "Big Sur"

1. the SW installs and runs smoothly on Win10, using a library on a NAS via SMB
  2. the SW installs on MacOS “Big Sur”, but then takes hours to sync and finally DOES NOT PLAY MUSIC (it tries in fractions, but fails)
  3. on every start on MacOS a sync starts, although I deactivated the option explicitely
  4. on MacOS the SW even does not create a proper library from albums on an SD card
  5. It is difficult to understand, why in 2020 it is not possible to automatically add useful meta data to the library through online DB access. Instead of walking through 650 albums manuallyto add some jpg I would hope to receive some automated support and even would PAY for it !

conclusion:
it sounds great playing out from the WiN10, maybe even better as from iTunes.
However, it simply DOES NOT WORK on MacOS Big Sur.
and btw.: the latter is (was ?) the primary intended use case

So please, audirvana, help me to get convinced to switch from a test version to a commercial one !!!
I appreciate your work on signal processing level so much, but UX is a factor, too !

kind regards
uwe

Hello @UweM, Audirvana do work on Big Sur, we made some test wand will be able to play some music and sync our music with the software. You need to keep in mind that Big Sur is not a live version of the OS, it’s a beta so it can be possible that your sync problem may be related to it.

Can you send me a copy of the “Debug Info”? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>General>Debug Info

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

Audirvana is design first to play your music, not retrieving metadata. We had some request about this feature and we will make sure to take it in consideration to improve Audirvana.

Hi Damien,
thank you very much for your quick and precise answer.
My intention is to replace the itunes / music app on the mac. Itunes (and probably now “music”)always required to have a firefly SW dubbed “iTunes server” on my Qnap NAS. I assume Audirvanna just requires plain FS access via AFP and no such “magic”, correct ?
I would like to send you the debug info, but preferrably to your email and not to the forum. The information is pretty verbose.
cheers
uwe

You have the choice to sync Music with Audirvana or sync with your folders but it’s better to sync the folders directly as you are more flexible and you don’t rely on Music anymore.

For the debuginfo you can send it at support@audirvana.com

I just updated to Audirvana Mac Version 3.5.39 (3569) and syncing and access to the lib now works !!!

Replay through built in DAC of MAC also working fine.

The UpnP player (Denon DNP-730AE, connected via ETH to the router) , however struggles and just spits out chunks of sound. It works perfectly with the same device settings when controlled by the Win10 version.
I will forward the debug info to your support email in a bit.Please have a look.
Many thanks so far for your responsive support , a bit of light and the end of the tunnel now…
uwe