New Audirvāna Origin

I use Audirvana 3.5.44 but enjoy streaming only and do not own any local files.

So I would be interested in an Audirvana Origin version for streaming only…:slight_smile:

Matt

2 Likes

This is a pleasant surprise. As one of the folks that absolutely refused to pay a subscription fee, I was disappointed in the move to Studio and was honestly looking for an alternative to 3.5 from another vendor, 3.5 was still working well enough for me, with a few minor issues, so I have been still using it. Since Audirvana is willing to offer up a non subscription upgrade path now, I’ll give the trial a shot!

This is how a good company operates in my book and I appreciate that the anti subscription feedback, though seemingly not popular, seems to have been taken into account.

1 Like

To be honest, I am unpleased by the upgrade offer. It is not our fault that Antoine painted himself into a corner with that whole “free upgrades for life” statement. It was a selling point that resulted in plenty of sales. How many gave up on Amarra because of the nickel & diming on upgrades? I know I did.

If Antoine charged $49 for the upgrade to v4, I suspect a good majority of the user base would have gone along with that. A more eye-pleasing interface and proper sort options for the library were enough goodness to justify opening one’s wallet. As it is some will very reluctantly fork over the $89 as those two features are critical. As for losing access to Tidal and Quboz? One could still use A3.5 for that. Not as if it will stop working. (Though who knows with future Apple OS updates…)

6 Likes

Is it possible to import an Apple Music playlist into Origin? I don’t see an import feature.

1 Like

If Audirvana actually functioned as advertised, I wouldn’t have spent 2.5k on a new streamer.
Call me a cynicist, but if the bugs from Studio are still present (all of which have been noted and posted by myself, with no resolution) in Origin then really not much of an improvement AFAIC.
Also, deleting a whole thread with regard to re-analysing my library because it obviously doesn’t fit the narrative? Really?
@Jim_F People complain when they’ve paid for a ‘steak’ and ended up with a burger.

4 Likes

Great.
Extremely helpful advice there mate :rofl:
How’s the Mojo 2 by the way. Got to say it’s an improvement (although not a massive one) over the original Mojo.

1 Like

I just found the answer to my own question: File => Import Playlist

1 Like

Yes, it’s possible.
Go to settings, library, click synchronize iTune/Music library.

Get a screenshot quickly, it’s probably here for a limited time only😂

1 Like

Very cool project for me only using local files: Thank you. I’m curious, if the hickups of AS are corrected now.

2 questions to @Antoine: Are the new features only included in Audirvana Origin or will they be included as well in AS?
2nd question: In the offer it says “At least one feature yearly updates until 2025”. What does that mean? One update per year at least or will there be a continuous updating process as with AS to improve existing bugs mentioned by the users in this forum?

Thank you for claryfying these uncertainties.

2 Likes

Audirvanas very own Keyser Zose.
‘And just like that, he was gone’. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

If @Ironz bought a streamer, because of Studio, why won’t you buy some albums to play them with Origin? :grinning:

1 Like

The unfinished sonatas, collect the whole set !

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl:

Awaits swift removal of previous posts.

2 Likes

You obviously do not recall the launch of Studio where Antoine pretty much stated the A3.5 was End of Life. Then had to backtrack after the uproar and grudgingly offer some minor future (but not forever) bug fixes. No one is expecting Antoine to work for free, obviously. But if Origin had been offered alongside Studio from the start, the conversation would have gone a lot differently.

3 Likes

I know, my friend. It was just a joke.

2 Likes

So you post on this thread, complaining about how people are complaining?
Whilst having no need for this particular iteration of the ‘software’?
@OffRode, looks like you were correct, post deleted. No surprise really is it?
Is it shill or shyll in American?

2 Likes

And there goes another one.
There are now NO posts from @Jim_F on this thread!
Sweet baby Jesus how is this constant deleting of posts allowed to continue? It makes an absolute mockery to the integrity of the conversation/site.
If you don’t stand by/believe in what you post, then don’t post it.
It’s really not that difficult.

2 Likes

I notice an improvement in Origin.
There’s no MusicBrainz analysis.

3 Likes