New Audirvāna Origin

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Currently running 3.5 on my Intel Mac mini.
What would be the substantial difference between Origin and my current 3.5 (specifically on an Intel Mac)?
In simple terms, why should I feel compelled to upgrade to Origin.
~ Note: I do not use streaming services. I use Audirvāna 3.5 to play my local high resolution music files only.
I look forward to seeing a comparison chart like the current one for Studio

2 Likes

Let’s see if I’ve got the plot……ok your complaining about the fine fella that was complaining about the complaining people? Honestly I can’t complain about that I suppose.

Ok let’s see here….

3.5 dropped like a hot potato along with the users who had just purchased it……check

Studio still a current product, still a work in progress obviously :roll_eyes:

New “Origin” ( super catchy name ) local files only, that’s good for guys like @Agoldnear and @RunHomeSlow that don’t stream at all.

Hopefully this will infuse lots of income to ensure that Studio might be finished in the near future. A win win undoubtedly.

I’m sure if @Jim_F was still here he would agree wholeheartedly. We’re missing you Jim.

Probably just your credit card balance? If your 3.5 is working properly I’d be reluctant to be a early adopter, lesson’s learned from Studio’s rough start.

2 Likes

There’s an issue with Filters Editor with auto playlists, the menu goes all the way to the left top corner, and I’m unable to type or select anything.

Lol……In American? Yo Homie I dont’s no😉

Cheerleader perhaps?

I like Studio (Windows, usb dac). I don’t understand why a (very) small company should complicate his life. A single product (Studio) should be enough: with different skins for people who want to change his look, with license or subsciption, with modules that can be activated or not, even with a price. Don’t want to stream, don’t stream. Why a different product? The plugins system for various needs, like Winamp or foobar, I think it’s the best.

2 Likes

This is a perfectly normal part of Beta Testing, please submit your observations to support@audirvana.com Attn: Antoine

Is this a joke?

1 Like

Is this a joke?

14 days late perhaps :thinking:

Marketing genius maybe :thinking:

Eventually New Audirvāna Original will deserve its own category that way folks needing support won’t be posting in the News category. Attention Mr @Antoine

thank you for doing this. :heart: merci!

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: A couple of issues to fix before purchasing

I just signed on to the trial, I have Audirvana 3.5. My 3.5 settings were successfully imported, but not any of my 3.5 playlists. I can manually import the regular Playlists, but how do I move my Smart Playlists to Origin?

1 Like

Deleting the AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite database, and relaunching Origin, forced it to reimport my settings from AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite, and my playlists were successfully imported on that second attempt.

3 Likes

Regarding the MusicBrainz analysis, that is what I wanted to know, too many people had far too many problems with that before.

Probably right. I‘m one of the last who bought 3.5 few weeks before it was dropped. So far it works.
The new „Origin“ will get updates until 2025 - and then ?

Dropped like 3.5 ?

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Try to load a folder to the library fail

So typically Audirvāna M.O. Let’s drop the major update / new product on a Friday and check out for the weekend. Unbelievable that they keep doing the same thing with the same results. Hopefully someone can help out or you lose the weekend of your free trial.

I stand corrected good of @Antoine to come in on the weekend to massage a few bugs.

2 Likes

@Antoine, this seems like a good idea to me, at least in theory. I have a pretty large, local music library, and it would be great to have a new software that allows me to efficiently browse and navigate it.

My two obvious questions, which will come as completely no surprise to anyone who has seen any of my previous posts, are, does it have a Column Browser, like the one in iTunes/ Apple Music/ TimmyTunes, like Audirvana Plus always did (and still does, currently running flawlessly for me), and does it actually work with the MicroRendu/ other UPnP devices, like Audirvana Plus also does?

If the answer is “yes”, to both of these, I might consider the free trial. Without checking both boxes, it’s a nice idea, on which I will most likely pass.

Thanks to anyone who can provide informative responses!

Hello everyone, Mac M1, dac RME ADI2 FS, all music on SYNOLOGY
no problem for installation it works perfectly, the search by folder is really perfect, too bad for the price a bit high.
I’m still testing 15 days.

1 Like