No audio with DSD files and oddities with PCM

I have had previous issues with Audirvana Origin when I have had no audio output, or only noise, and unfortunately I’m experiencing that same problem at the moment with all my DSD files. My music files consist of CD quality and 24/44.1 PCM, hi-rez PCM (24/96 and 24/192) all in both FLAC and WAV formats and also DSD64 and DSD128 direct stream digital files. I’m using Windows 10, 64-bit, Professional edition and it is fully up to date. The version of Origin is also the latest available (2.5.12). The DAC being used is the one built in to the desktop and is Realtek Hi Definition Audio and I’ve checked it out via the various Windows Sound settings as best I can and it seems to be working fine (all the Windows Sound interactions are switched out). I use Norton 360 antivirus software and have purchased its driver update add-on software and have had a few updates to the Realtek driver quite recently. In the past, playing DSD files has resulted in their conversion to various PCM resolutions but I’m now noticing that I’m seeing DSD64 or DSD128 in the DAC Output setting when I’m attempting to play such files - but still minus any audio output. The results I’m currents experiencing with PCM files are interesting (ASIO only WASAPI doesn’t appear to be working): hi-res 24/96 and 24/192 sound fine but ALL 44.1 sampled, whether they be 16-bit or 24-bit. seem to be full of what I term modulation noise; that is, noise that increases in level as the music gets louder. When those same files are played through another music file manager there was no noise whatsoever and they sounded fine.

I’ve also been switching between WASAPI and ASIO (using the padlock for activation and deactivation) but it makes no difference. No output from DSD with either at the moment. I’ve also noticed when WASAPI is set, and there is no output from PCM files, that the time readout still progresses but far slower than real time.

Maybe there is a DAC issue that I’m unaware of. I just cannot say. I have definitely had success with Origin in the past with all audio formats (I bought it in 2022) so I don’t think it’s a question of switching over from 3.5 and not setting Origin up correctly.

Thank you for any assistance.

Hi @Johnno,

Can you send us a copy of the "Debug Info“ when you have this issue? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>My account.

Note: When you click on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content. Please paste it in response to this message.