Odd addition to Playlist

Prior to today, it’s been about 1 month since I’ve added to my library. Just before I did, I updated to 2.2.7. What I am finding now is:

1. when I add “Release Dates” to the metadata the “day” is always one number less then entered. So if I input 2023-03-21, I get 2023-03-20.
  2. I have a “New 1 day” playlist that shows files that were added in one day. When the software “synced files” after my latest additions, I am now getting albums (incomplete) that were previously added maybe 2-3 months prior. They are not the complete album, anywhere from 2 - 7 songs. When I go to the ALBUM, it illustrates doubles of the songs in the playlist, as if I have duplicate files in my source folder. But that is not the case.
    Any ideas what is going on?

With the release of Ver. 2.3.0 the above 2 problems seem to have been resolved. I did though have to remove the 40 random albums from my “New 1 Day” playlist in order to correct the issue.
Seems like everything is back to normal. Thanks

1 Like

Well, problem 2 happened again. I added 3 new CD’s to my library and in my “New 1 day” playlist I have again CD’s (partial) in this list that were added many months ago. Something new this time. The CD’s weren’t randomly placed, they were CD’s I played yesterday.
This is becoming very frustrating.
The only thing that I changed about 2 months ago is that I changed my drive format from “Mac OS Extended” to APFS.
??? HELP

Arf!..

Thanks to wrote to me, but…
point 1 is a bug in released date tag… you write 1976-04-03 and you see 1976-04-02
can’t find a solution for that yet, but, i know that now, like you… :slight_smile:

Biggest problem is when you edit an album under 1971, the release date disappear…
you have to edit everything in that album and then finish with the release date if you want it to stick, but today someone posted a bug that might be related to the .sqlite file and not Audirvana that use the .sqlite file… not sure yet.

For your second bug…
Man!
This is a bug that bugged me for long…
don’t change your hard drive or making copy of the same hard drive you had to new ones…
not recognized, doubles of files happenned exactly as you press a song…
you can see that in track view and have the file location field in that view…
click a song, the path change to Volume/ instead of… Music/
and then you are stuck with ghost files that can’t be deleted :frowning:

You are screwed, like i was this Christmas changing to bigger External Hard Drives…
you better have to trash your .sqlite and start again…

But before trashing it,
Go to preferences, back up favorites and playlists… Close Audirvana,
backup your database .sqlite file somewhere else on your Mac or PC as a copy, in case…
trash the same file in its original place, restart Mac or Pc.

Then after restart, Audirvana will ask for a music folder, show where it is…
let it sync…after done, restore your playlists file in the preferences panel that you saved earlier,
your doubles should be gone now, but your play counts of files will be lost…

Not sure now since i’m free of bugs (not the 1971 year and under),
but my hard drives are done for my life i guess, and i save my database EVERYDAY when i do a tag change in it. but all your album under 1971 will have lost their release date… again.
you will have to put them all again in tag if it is important to you… all your playlists should be back but in tracks view, even if you have saved them in albums view…

Arf!,
to begin and to end…

Thanks so much.
It seems odd that I have not had this issue during the prior 6 months that I’ve owned Origin.
I have attached a screenshot showing the “File Location” and it illustrates that the duplicates that were created indicates “Volume/MEDIA DRIVE A/Music/FLAC…” instead of the original “Music/FLAC/…”
If I understand you correctly, this is a bug I just need to live with and always BU my .sqlite file daily to be safe. Correct?

If you delete your database and start it up again…
the: Volume/ ghost files will disappear, then you will have a good database
and after you backup the good one in case something like that happen again… :frowning:

Yes, I just did that and all seems good again. Much easier then removing CD’s from Hard drive and reloading.
I’ll do as you suggest and save a copy now of the .sqlite file.
THANKS SO MUCH!!

2 Likes