PC version 1.4.5 update failure message

En fait, pour mettre à jour AS il vaut mieux avoir un DOCTORAT en INFORMATIQUE !!!

1 Like

All Audirvana versions deinstalled, even rebooted, but 1.4.5 installation keeps failing.

Well then, it had to have a 2nd reboot. I’m on it.

In case it helps anyone, my Audirvana database was not located in the stated folder. Instead it was at

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana\AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite

The location of the db file may vary and can be changed… Oh, good idea, i will change right now with… let’s say “C:\DB”. Good idea!

Left AS running overnight and the Analyzing has made little or no progress. Was about 15% yesterday afternoon and now about 20%. Looks about the same as it did 8 hours ago.
I’ll keep it going and see what happens. My library is 25,000 FLAC & WAV tracks.

Can you close AS normally or do you need to kill it through Task Manager?

Mine got to about 75% analyzed yesterday and 1.4.5 froze again. Made a big wall of text as a topic out of it.

I’ve moved the database file to a different folder, and it has now restarted. About 60% done since this morning, and still going for now. Curious if it will finish now or that it freezes again at 75% done.

Edit:
And it freezes again at roughly the same place.

1 Like

@Antoine Please reply to my messages! I am being ignored for over a week now! This is terrible customer service.

… for me 4-5 weeks. Don`t expect to much :weary:

Uninstall 1.3. Reboot. Install 1.4.5 for windows.
Seamless no issue. The database folder can be copied and preserved.

1 Like

I don’t know if AS closes normally now as I got used to closing it a different way. I will try later and let you know.
I reinstalled AS 1.4.5 as analyzing stuck at 20% not going any further. Started with the new install this morning and analyzing has gotten further than it ever did before. I am at about 40% now.

1 Like

Could not close AS normally, just tried.
Analyzing made good progress to 40% then remained there for hours.
I am not getting much improvement over 1.3 with 1.4.5 so far.

So the same bug is still in the program. It only takes longer before it rears it’s ugly head it would seem.

Edit:
@Antoine is it possible to upload the log file that Audirvana created? Perhaps that might help solving this issue?

2 Likes

Well I’ve been experimenting here. And after freezing the second time. I’ve made a backup of Audirvana’s log file.

After that I deleted the database and then added 1 folder at a time. And it froze again. Judging the new log file. It crashed while processing the same folder as the first time.

The odd thing is that I have the same music collection on my Mac and it analyzed all the music perfectly and that was back in 1.3

1 Like

@Antoine The kind of error detected from my side

2021-06-19 11:06:11,481 [21] DEBUG Audirvana.App - Error -2147024894 opening media foundation file: file://E%3A%5Clossless_officiels%5CAnouar%20Brahem%5CKhomsa%20%281995%29%5CCovers%5C01%20Comme%20un%20Depart.wav

The problem is that the file is a flac and not a wav !

How to get support ?

I reinstalled AS 1.4.5 for the third time and left it going overnight and Analyzing moves slowly to 20% and stays there. All my music files are available and play fine as far as I can tell.
The Radio Station I play on AS plays only half of the time as it did before.
Qobuz works well as before. I have also thought of starting over with a fresh install and adding my music folders 1 at a time as others have done.
I am also tempted to just ignore the “analyzing audio files” bar and play my music and Qobuz as they seem to play fine.

1 Like

I’ve tried analyzing the folders one by one. Moved alll the folders starting with the letter A to a new folder named A. Done the same thing with everything else. Apart from compilation albums which are stored in a seperate folder.

After having the numbers and A folders analyzed I’ve looked up the old log file where AS had frozen before. It was a folder in the compilations folder. So I decided to import the compilations folder next. And it froze again, at exactly the same album.

I’m using a copy of my libary on my MacBook Air, and that one analyzed the whole thing in one go without crashing back in 1.3

So now I’ve decided to roll back the first database file. With AS showing that it has started analyzing anew. Which it doesn’t. Have to force quit the program from the Task Manager. But otherwise it will play music.

But I did notice another bug. Can’t open the playlist editor anymore either. And a lot of “error loading audio track” when trying to play an Internet radio station. After restarting AS, that same station starts playing right away.

If it’s any consolation Roon never completes an audio analysis of my collection. It always chews with one file to analyse. :wink:

Seriously though, 1.4.5 seems no better on the analysis front. And several times I’ve had to reboot the PC to close Studio down. This does not inspire confidence.

A more granular view of the analysis progress (ie a countdown of tracks outstanding) would be useful.

It sounds like you’re doing pretty much exactly what I did. It appeared that my C and J folders wouldn’t analyse, so I copied everything else over, folder by folder, and had no issues.
I had a problem with a Janes Addiction track in the J folder (yes, I actually started importing track by track once I knew what the problematic folders were) that had % in the file name. After removing the % from the file name it copied over fine.
I also found copying my compilation albums from my C folder individually was far quicker than allowing them to be analysed all at the same time.
It’s a laborious task, but I hope you manage to get to the end :+1:

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. You really don’t know if the analysation is actually still running when it appears to have stopped.
The program needs more than just the task bar imo.