Play / Pause not working any more in Audirvana Mac

Hi Damien, no, because other software (Roon, tidal and other players on the Mac) are working fine with the Cambridge… So the Cambridge can not be the problem… I think

so, is there a solution for this now? I cannot use Audirvana… Cambridge is not the problem… happy new year to you !!

Hello Steffen, Since we made a fix for this issue for UPnP you should not have any problem for now on. Have you contacted Cambridge? They probably made a different implementation of Standard UPnP for those software with a proprietary code in it.

Hi Damien,
I see that my evaluation has expired before I could really test it properly with a working version.
Is it possible to extend it for a week so.
Thanks Stuart

I am using the latest versions of the iOS remote app (v2.2) and the MacOS desktop app (v3.5.29 (3559)). Both are connected to the same wifi network, as is my Sony STR-DN860 streaming amp. When playing music, pressing the Pause button on the remote causes the button to glow briefly but does not pause the music. There is no Stop button that I can find on the remote. Turning to the desktop, the Pause button is greyed out but there is an available Stop button which does work.

If there is no means of pausing or stopping play using the remote, the latter is effectively useless.

Has anyone else found this problem and is there a solution?

welcome to the community :slight_smile: same here, Audirvana Support tell me since weeks that my Cambridge CXN is the problem… good to see that you have the same problem with your Sony… maybe help will come now. The App is for me also useless…

Thanks, Steffen. It’s a basic flaw that would have been picked up in any properly constructed testing routine. I shall continue to use JRiver Media Centre until it is resolved.

JRiver has been built around the UPnP support at it’s core. Over the years, the workarounds for various equipment and protocol implementation kinks have been rolled out. Too bad it has a hideous interface, otherwise it’s a good piece of software.

For NAS/Media Server users, MinimServer is also an interesting alternative.

The main attraction of Audirvana is its facility to stream Tidal and Qubuz. JRiver is weak on that side of things.

Hi, new forum user. Thanks for your time. I’ve been using Audirvana on my late 2012 Mac Mini Quad Core i7, 16GB ram, running MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 for well over a year now, wirelessly streaming into my Cambridge Audio CXN V1 without problems. I have also been controlling it with the IOS app via my iPhone 8 without issue. Everything worked well with Audirvana Plus 3.2.18 (3702) and the above setup. Since upgrading to Audirvana 3.5.29 recently both the desktop app and the IOS app will not allow me to play/pause with a mouse click/screen press. If I revert to using Audirvana Plus 3.2.18 all is okay. This strongly seems to suggest the issue does not lie with the CXN to me. Any thoughts? Regards, Peter.

Hello @PeterB7858, since you made the update to 3.5, have you also updated your firmware of your CXN?

Hi, Damien. The latest firmware update for the CXN V1 was 017-a-070 on December 9, 2019. My CXN is up-to-date. I did this before Xmas, well before upgrading to 3.5.29 recently. Regards, Peter.

I uninstalled both Audirvana+ and 3.5 (following guidelines found on the forum) and clean reinstalled 3.5 only and rebuilt my library. Still the same Play/Pause issue on the desktop app and the IOS app with the CXN V1. Are there supposed to be any “sound improvement” benefits of 3.5 over Plus, all things being equal? If not, I will just reinstall Plus and all will work fine with Catalina and my CXN over wireless, as per before. P.S. I forgot to mention earlier that Plus and 3.5 both work fine with my locally USB installed Audient iD14 audio interface. Regards, Peter.

same here… :frowning: Audirvana with CXN v2

Hi Damien

I now have a new amplifier with uPnP. Tracks will play fine, and pause works too.
However, I am still seeing problems with Audirvana.
If i click End of Track - the >> icon - Audirvana crashes spontaneously.
I also see it crashing when i click on Album art.
It may be related to this issue: Stability issue while browsing Qobuz

So I will follow up there.

Stuart

Is there anywhere I can just download the last version of Audirvana Plus for Mac? It works fine with my Mac Mini/Catalina, the IOS app and my Cambridge CXN V1. No problems at all.
Audirvana 3.5 does not, even with the latest update.
The 3.5 changeup is obviously the problem. NOT my hardware or software.
I am setting up an old MacBook Pro as an exclusive music server and want to just run Plus so I can use the full functionality of the IOS/Desktop apps without the no play/pause issue but I deleted the Plus dmg file after I installed it originally. I can not find it anywhere on the website or the forum. Please email me a link. I like Audirvana, it definitely makes my high res files sound better via my Mac/Mac Mini but the customer service leaves a lot to be desired. There seem to be many forum threads that just stop without resolution response… Please respond. Regards, Peter.

I’ve sorted this out myself… I found the last version of Plus in my Time Machine backup and it installed okay on my MacBook Pro server setup. The MacBook is connected directly to my CXN via a short Ethernet cable. The MacBook is mid 2010 with 8 Gb RAM and a new 500 Gb SSD drive running High Sierra. Sounds pretty good through my Plinius pre/power combo into a pair of PMC Twenty5.21 monitors with a REL T7/i sub and Chord Clearway cabling. The IOS app works fine re stop/pause but you can’t search on it.
If the coding on 3.5 ever gets fixed I will upgrade to it but this will have tp suffice in the meantime.

Just wondering if anyone worked out the pause/play not working issue when streaming to network player

Hi @Tonkhobie,

As far as i can tell, Cambridge Audio still need to work on it as it has not been solved yet.

But for the other manufacturers having this issue, its still up to them to handle such issue has it’s the device that give us his playback capabilities (play, pause, stop, next track, previous track and seek)

I’m sorry, but I do currently not use any UPnP devices that are compatible with Audirvana, so I can’t say anything about it. I no longer have the Pioneer that was affected at the time, but it had worked smoothly with it after the release of 3.5.29.