Plug in vst inopérant

Woof, woof!

1 Like

Thanks… I meant VST plug-ins… not ASIO plug-ins… (Had a bit of a mental lapse early in the morning here in the Northwest of the USA…) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Just to give you a very small glimpse into my experience, should we cross-paths here in the forum… I’ve been working in computer based recording since Sound Tools, the Yamaha DSP-Factory and AX-88 on the PC platform and I installed the first 8-track Pro Tools system in the world… I am an original MIDI’ot linking Roland Juno’s together for multi-timbral… my first MIDI system was Dr. T’s software running on a Commodore SX-64 portable then moving to Opcode’s Vision software on the Apple platform for MIDI and recording, and the original Cubase… I used to support artists on DOS and Windows PC and Apple platforms many years ago… I don’t know why you are still using a Windows/PC system for production… I was there when Steinberg invented ASIO and VST’s… I’ve been an Apple user since the original Apple IIe. I grew up in Mountain View, California and went to the rival high-school of Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs… I’m a year younger than Steve J… I gave Peter Gotcher the idea for Pro Tools…

ASIO bypasses the normal audio path from a user application through layers of intermediary Windows operating system software so that an application connects directly to the sound card hardware. Each layer that is bypassed means a reduction in latency (the delay between an application sending audio information and it being reproduced by the sound card, or input signals from the sound card being available to the application). In this way, ASIO offers a relatively simple way of accessing multiple audio inputs and outputs independently.
Audio Stream Input/Output - Wikipedia

:notes: :eye: :headphones: :eye: :notes:

2 Likes

Ah ! I see that you’re a complete newbie !! :-))))

I’m still working on PC because on my side, I grew up with Steinberg products, since my first Atari 1040 in 95/96. I learnt how to upgrade my machine since then. And now, as a professional films composer, I’m still working on Cubase Pro 10.5 with a very stable and powerful system. I never agreed with Apple policies and the kind of relationship they have with their dear clients/followers. I need my system to be opened to the outside word also and when I see my wife owning a Macbook Pro and travelling with 2 hubs, one hdmi adapter, one usb adapter and so on… I keep on smiling (a bit).

Yet here you are struggling again with Windows in the audio world… :wink: Your wife must not be savvy about the available peripheral devices for her MBP, so to have one Thunderbolt dock for it all… My guess you are a Google/Alphabet proponent as well… I appreciate the technology Apple Inc, provides for protection of my personal sovereignty and their leadership in environmental and social ramifications of their sourcing and manufacturing processes… So not to get too political, show me a PC manufacturer that can boast these corporate policies anywhere:

Apple Values

Not to mention the power of Apple silicon and vertical integration with MacOS… Especially in the production world…

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, my issue here is not related to an Apple or PC system. Just a plug inside Audirvana…

I understand… Plug-ins are alway at the mercy of the OS… I often find issues cropping-up when there is an OS version update or application update (Logic Pro) in MacOS there is a simple relationship with the core A/V and Core Audio API’s… These things are getting more refined every day and every new version of MacOS… If you have ever seen Nektarine running, you can see the advancement of the plug-in architecture… I use Waves Audio “Abbey Road Studio 3” Audio Units plug-in for HRTF in Audirvana as I am headphone-centric…

Bonjour @scarabeo,

:fr: Je vois que vous avez pu résoudre votre problème, avez-vous le mode “temps réel” activé dans les paramètres de plugin de Audirvāna? Cela permet de voir l’interface du plugin et modifier ses paramètres lorsque vous écoutez votre musique.

:uk: I see you were able to solve your problem, do you have the “real time” mode enabled in the plugin settings of Audirvāna? This allows you to see the plugin’s interface and change its settings while you are listening to your music.