Pops and crackles when playing strong bass tracks

Usually this problem is related to the operating system, much more often Windows.
For audio I left an exclusive computer with MacOS.
The tip would be to test with another computer, with a previous version of Windows.

I was able to upgrade an old laptop from Win 7 to Win 10, using the same AS settings, and all problems disappeared.

Conclusion, Audirvana is not the problem. It could be the usb drivers in my Win 11 laptop or my Aspire 5 laptop.

1 Like

This.

1 Like

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than ………….

Odd deal for sure, glad he’s got it sorted out

Waiting for @mistral to check in, I think you scared him off :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Me? You started the ‘bring the fun’ thing…:sunglasses:

1 Like

Why did nobody here ask the OP what file type and sample-rate they are playing and if the files were SACD .iso rips, etc, etc and if up-sampllng, etc…?
:notes: :eye: :headphones: :eye: :notes:

I thought that was your department, we didn’t want to make you redundant. You still can ask @audiojerry he’s a friendly enough bloke. Don’t forget about the cables and stuff too, I neglected to ask him about that aspect also.:wink:

1 Like

ok guys, have fun without me. I’m outta here - might visit some wankers down under

@AndyLubke @OffRode … It was never going to be a digital cable (USB or S/PDIF coax) as these only carry the digital-audio signals (bits and words)…If it were any analog connection it would be the DAC → Amplifier interface where the DAC output could be clipping the amplifier inputs if the gain is set to high… The DAC is going to be the culprit for any perceived ‘distortion’ of the digital signal or at the D/A conversion… Digital “Hash” is a product of lost clock-synchronization, either with the digital-handshake between the computer and the DAC or somewhere in the transmission of the digital-audio data signal… The spurious nature of the distortion is the key…

The spurious distortion that was presented could have been DAC overload where the gain was not set properly, which makes the most sense, and this is the sound of ‘hard-clipping’ and can sound like “crackling”… I can’t see how the Windows drivers would produce dynamic distortion as described… it is either going to work or not…
:notes: :eye: :headphones: :eye: :notes:

1 Like

@Agoldnear I was talking about basic troubleshooting with analog interconnects. By the way aren’t you a bit late to the party? It is already established where the problem is. Case closed. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Even though he already found the problem, he tested it on another Windows computer, but for audio in my opinion, what works best is a MAC with a macOS operating system.

Audirvana was originally developed for MAC, but as the use of Windows computers is very large, it also ended up being released for this operating system.

1 Like

:white_check_mark:

1 Like

@OffRode , do you think you are so wag and smart or do you have some troubles?

1 Like

Well, this thread took a turn I certainly didn’t expect :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Didn’t it. :scream:
It’s that @OffRode - troublemaker.

2 Likes

That’s Trouble with a capital T please………

I’m quite flattered, thank you all so much I couldn’t do it without y’all help.:blush:

WAG? Well that’s not for me to say. That would be like bragging eh? Let’s take a vote and let the inmates decide :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Mate, I’ve seen a photo of you.
Don’t think you could be regarded as wife or girlfriend material.
Maybe after the op :rofl: :rofl:
Hope you’re well fella :+1:

2 Likes

WAG not SWAG

W ild
A ss
G uess

@Ironz …… who’s your daddy :kissing_heart:
I’ll take that as a compliment, thanks mate

1 Like

A wag is someone whos is mildly amusing, bit of a joker; I believe that was the inference.

2 Likes

And… do you think this subject linbe has been seriously derailed?

1 Like