Disable battery optimization for the remote app in Android
I know I am brand new to Audirvana, and I haven’t even purchased anything yet since nothing is currently available to purchase. I’m currently in my trial period.
I’ve been having connectivity issues with the Android remote app, and wanted to provide a possible remedy. I searched the forums for this fix, but surprisingly did not find it mentioned. Either my searches were terrible, or this fix has not been mentioned yet. This fix is fairly well known by the Android community to help fix misbehaving apps. I own a Samsung Galaxy S9+, but this should apply to any phone running a newer version of Android.
(1) Bring up Settings page, then Apps page
(2) On the three-dot menu (mine is in the upper right corner) select “Special access”
(3) Look for “Optimize battery usage” and tap on it. Mine is the very top option. You could also find this by searching for “optimize” on your settings page if your phone is different.
(4) This list is of apps that are not optimized. Since most apps are optimized by default, change the “Apps not optimized” option at the top to “All”.
(5) Now you can scroll down to the Audirvana app and disable it. It should be enabled by default. Being enabled may be what is causing connectivity issues.
That’s it! Battery optimization messes with apps that use the network, like the Audirvana remote, and is doing so in order to save the battery life. So far, my remote app works much better and I have yet to have a single connection problem.
Give it a try and see if it helps you! If anything changes, I will report back in this thread.