Primephonic on Audirvāna

OK guys, I understand that took you a lot of time to develop, code and test to switch from Audirvana to Audirvana Studio, and I am aware that the planet was shut down last year due to Covid. But can you guys start working on Primephonic integration with Studio? Qobuz and HRA are not available in my country so that “Hi Res Streaming” add value does not mean nothing to me as it is. If you could add Primephonic, which, it is available in my country, (and many others where Qobuz and HRA are not) and I am a heavy user of their service; that would be a truly “audirvana” for me. I have read that since 2019 you have had talks with them, so please do all you can to add Primephonic to your supported streaming options.

Best Regards

as long as Primephonic does not publish the necessary API the integration will not be possible. It’s a Primephonic problem, as it is for IDAGIO, Amazon, and Apple

1 Like

What does this mean? MusicKit - Apple Developer
To me it seems this is the API for Apple Music, maybe Audirvana can use this?

I’m not a software pro, but I seem to remember reading here somewhere that Apple’s MusicKit is not compatible with Audirvana since it uses a completely different framework.

I would personally love for Apple Music to get full support, because iTunes on Windows really sounds horrible compared to Audirvana.

Sorry I forgot, this is what Damien replied: MusicKit supplied by Apple only allows to browse their catalog or to play using the Apple playback engine only

I am another Audirvana fan and it really shines when playing big dynamic classic soundtracks ie John Williams… Audirvana needs to be connected to Primephonic! It’s a match made in Heaven and now that Primephonic is getting really popular now not to mention they have some great 4 month deals right now wink wink…But even bigger is that Classical genre is the fastest growing music section in America source via NPR. All of us audiophiles that are finally buying all types of DACs so we can take our hi-res with us is a massive plus! Primephonic streams hi-res and you all have all the apps and ios apps. I am really surprised this hasn’t happened yet? They have been around for sometime like you guys but now is the time to PLEASE make it streamable through Audirvana!!! This would get all the old guys that are finally playing there DACs and Vinyl are interested in streaming hi-res classical…Through your desktop apps and ios apps

Sincerely,
Mr. Duke of Duke Audio

3 Likes

Strongly support your request for adding Primephonic support. It is a wonderful streaming service. It’s not just a collection of classical albums, more important it has curated lists, recent recordings, introductory talks, and highlight works that are lesser known. Subscribing to Primephonic is an educational experience in classical music. I look forward to it being on Audirvana.

S G Kong

2 Likes

Me too.
Strongly advocate to add Primephonic stream

1 Like

me too .
+1

Should be asked to Primephonic …,

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.