Problems installing Audirvana

Hi all, I’m new to Audirvana and I have made major problems for myself. I’m hoping that someone can help me get back on track!

I downloaded and installed Audirvana on a free trial. All went well. I selected the files for my music library and got the player working.

I then found out that my music files where jumbled with several duplicates etc. So I went about re-organising them in finder. I then wanted Audirvana to re scan and make a new data base… so I deleted the database file in /Users/Library/Aplication support/Audirvana but I didn’t read the instructions properly and deleted the whole folder… I suspect this is were I went wrong!

I now get a message saying:

"Can’t find library database file at location /Library/Application Support/AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite

Do you want to quit now and try again later or create a new blank library file?"

I press “create new library”

and get the message:

" Damaged database file at location /Library/Application Support/AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite

Please restore a correct file from a backup, or delete it, and try again." with the only button ‘quit’

But there is no file in that folder.

I have tried uninstalling Audirvana using application un-installers (3 different ones) I have tried manually uninstalling removing all the associated files and rebooting and reinstalling. Nothing works I just get the same message no matter what I do!

Can anyone help me get this working again?

Hello @Mexcru03, do you still have this folder or you removed it? /Library/Application Support/

I removed it (stupidly!), when I re-install it doesn’t create a new folder. I have tried manually creating it both prior to and after installation.

*I still have /Library/Application Support I removed the Audirvana Folder from inside the Application Support folder

Have you checked if you still have it in your bin?

Yes I have checked, the trash has been emptied so its not there anymore

Hello @Mexcru03,

Can you reset your preference of Audirvana?
To reset it, open the Terminal application, and enter the following two commands:

defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus
defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana

Ahhh thank you that’s worked! Appreciate your help with this, I’ll not meddle again!

1 Like