Problems with audirvana remote/ipad and andriod phone

I’ve check one more time
@Antoine - sorry but this is terrible situation
You have done some changes to your software and its not good chnges
From 28.03.2020 you can’t give me solution and you didn’t do anything to apply some kind of “reset option” in “main program”
Maybe you should talk with “splashtop” programers ? They will teach you what you should do ?

Hello @MarcinK, thank you for the suggestion, we are working on improvements around the Remote but it will take some time to develop it and make it available for users.

Same problem here following a hard reset of my router. Audirvana remote on Android phone can connect to my Macbook (via wi-fi), but can’t connect to my Mac Mini (via ethernet).

Settings on both computers are identical as far as I can see. Tried various resets / restarts to no avail.

Maybe I’m nitpicking, but the error message ‘please use the same wifi network on both devices to make the connection possible’ doesn’t make sense if the wi-fi on your computer is turned off…

Bonjour
Vu les problèmes récurents que certains utiliateurs ont avec la télécommande Est-i prévu de développer une appli dédié uniquement sur IOS/Android qui permettrait d’utiliser Audirvana sans ouvrir nos PC. Cela suppose aussi d’avoir un PC dédié.
Merci de votre réponse