Problems with Remote V4 iPad

Hi @TribecaMikey,

You are reading this correctly. Either you are connected to Audirvāna Studio/Origin or to 3.5. In the case of 3.5, we will do an update for it but it won’t be here in the next update for the Audirvāna Studio/Origin as we still need to work on it.

2 Likes

Hello,

I have some issues with the latest remote app of Audirvana (4.0) on my ipad (ios 16.2). The horizontal mode does not work and the remote app can only be applied in vertical mode which is quite annoying.

Does anybody has the same problems?

Thanks in advance!

I recall having the problem during the beta which was corrected when the actual update was released. I just verified right before I wrote this:

Just to be clear. This is me rotating my iPad. Not the remote doing it on its own : )

I have the same problem with my iPad Pro. The remote app is stuck in portrait mode and no longer supports landscape mode which is supper annoying. I don’t know a single iPad person who uses portrait mode. I never used it in 10 years of iPad use. I have tried deleting and reloading the app: I have tried a complete restore of the iPad. I even tried using an older backup but nothing stops the app from going into portrait mode. So I am at loss on how to fix this.

1 Like

I am sorry to say it, but why the developer cannot test the landscape/portrait modus on an iPad BEFORE publishing the newest version?

It is an elementar function in order to use the Audirvana remote app on the iPad, especially when you use the ipad with a keyboard like me.

And it is quite sad that the bug fixing like the profane landscape/portrait function takes several weeks!

Instead we are discussing this obvious bug so many times!

I love the Audirvana sound but the remote app was always triggered by bugs, unconvenient handling and crashs. This is not very professional!

Best regards!:v:

1 Like

Hi there,

Same problem as johnaflood, unable to see “en cours de lecture” progress bar and so on, forced to quit, reconnect and go on.

Also : please make the fix like before, do not wake the computer screen when connect the remote ! it is very annoying.

MBA M1 macOS 13.1 iPad 6th iOS 16.1 Remote v 4

Cheers and thanks in advance for fixes :wink:

J’ai aussi souvent une “erreur requête” quand je swipe forward ou en appuyant sur le bouton next track, il ne se passe rien à part le message d’erreur, qui apparaît verticalement (?) dans la partie de gauche où il y a les menus.

Obligé à nouveau de quitter Remote se reconnecter (ce qui rallume l’écran de mon MBA) et relancer Remote pour pouvoir changer de piste, un peu relou pour le moins !

Màj iOS 16.1 → 16.2 ne change rien, le problème vient clairement de votre côté.

:wink:

You’re lucky it works at all, no landscape mode at all on my iPhone.

Has there ever been landscape on iPhone?

Probably not, but that’s not the point.

Is there any indication when the remote app will be fixed? I still have the now playing strip at the bottom of the screen disappearing on me.

same problem and question for me

• No ‘vertical’ display… locked in ‘landscape’

• After initially downloading the Remote app, the ‘Local’ display is available and the filters are available, however when I select the ‘Folder’ view, I cannot return to the ‘Local’ display, the selector icon is non-functional and I must delete and download the app to get the ‘Local’ view again.

• No Radios… selector icon is non-functional

• The ‘circles/spiral’ icon is non-functional

• Selecting ‘Play and replace play cue’ causes slight hesitation at the start of playback

iPad Air Model: (MD786LL/A)

:notes: :eye: :headphones: :eye: :notes:

Same here for iPad Air model MD789J/A (iOS 12.5.5) - no vertical display.

@Antoine
The app continues to lock when I select ‘Folder’ or ‘Favorites’ view and I must close the app by removing the page, to gain access to the ‘Local’ screen… All of the other things that I have described below still persist…

iPad Air Model: (MD786LL/A), iOS version 12.5.6

@Agoldnear, Our dev is still working on the vertical mode and I will ask him to take a look at the potential crashes of the app for iOS.

I have often problems with the remote.
Every time It’s in the background it loses the player view in the bottom.

You on iPad? I’m having the same issue after using search, the space is there but controls are missing. Must shut down and restart again.

Posted on this but no one else commented, seems like we have @Antoine attn.

1 Like

For the record, I downloaded the latest version of the Remote. While I can see Radio and Podcast now, still nothing appears for Playlist, Home and Local folders.

iPad with IOS Ver. 12.5.5