Problems with Remote V4 iPad

Dear all,
I updated AS and the remote but I’m now regretting it… I encounter many problems I did not have before:
1- AS is up and running, I switch my player on and it appears on the network but is not seen by AS. This NEVER happened before.
2- When playing a track, after some seconds, the sound is broken as if my player was starving from data. This NEVER happened before.
3- When playing a track, sometimes the player menu disappears and I cannot stop playing that track. The menu will eventually pop up again after a restart of remote. There should be a button to display 'currently playing track" somewhere.

I would like to go back to the previous versions of both AS and remote if possible.

On top of that, a bug I observed on the previous version (Wrong picture associated to some disk that do not have any picture attached) is still there but I can live with that.

I just want to sit and relax, listening to music, and not wasting my time in tracking bugs.

And, by the way, is the new version of remote only supposed to work in landscape mode on iOS? If yes, that’s a pitty…

1 Like

I too would like to revert to Remote 3.2.1 on Audirvana 3.5 if possible thanks!

It is an iPad 8th generation and I had iPad OS 15 but I have updated to 16.2 and the remote app behaves the same. Whenever the screen blanks out the now playing section at the bottom of the screen disappears when I return to the app. The only way to get back now playing is swipe away Audirvana and reload the app. Not good.

By the way, the previous version of this app did not do this. So for example the iPhone version works fine.

Hi, @Antoine. I want to make sure I am reading this thread correctly. Auto-switch between portrait and landscape modes is not working in the current Remote v4 release? Thanks.

Happy Holidays.

I have also the problem of the disappearing bow playin section. I have to renew the app and it is
visible but after some music sessions it’s gone. Very frustrating.because my computer is on the second floor and i am listening on the ground floor,
Ipad Pro 11 inch, first generation, IOS 16.2 with iMac M1 2022.

Hi @Antoine,
I have a similar issue to the one noted above: on an older version of the iPad (iPad Mini 2) running iOS 12.5.6 I cannot access the library through the “home” button. Nothing happens once I touch it. I am connecting the device to a Mac Mini running the “Origin”.

I don’t think that is the solution. The problem is occurring across a range of iPads and iPad OSs. It isn’t the iPad it is the app malfunctioning.

2 Likes

Another but related issue is in the remote app. If I play a local album (see attached screenshot), I can start play but I can’t stop the album from playing. Am I missing something here. The play triangle under the cover image will start play but doesn’t let you stop it.

I hate to say it, but AS Remote is indeed unstable. My MacMini runs the latest Ventura 13, while my iPadis on iPadOS 16.2.

When I start an album, I see the progress bar in the remote. After playing a few more tracks, pffff … the progress bar is gone and nothing in the world brings it back (certainly not just closing and re-opening the app). All that helps is deleting and re-installing AS

This is very annoying, so if remedy would be under way, that would be great!

Not an issue here.
Here is a shot of an album with more tracks than fits the screen. The track playing is down the list showing.

And here, after scrolling, is the track showing, as is the progress bar.

Good for you, but not for me :smiley:

Hi @TribecaMikey,

You are reading this correctly. Either you are connected to Audirvāna Studio/Origin or to 3.5. In the case of 3.5, we will do an update for it but it won’t be here in the next update for the Audirvāna Studio/Origin as we still need to work on it.

2 Likes

Hello,

I have some issues with the latest remote app of Audirvana (4.0) on my ipad (ios 16.2). The horizontal mode does not work and the remote app can only be applied in vertical mode which is quite annoying.

Does anybody has the same problems?

Thanks in advance!

I recall having the problem during the beta which was corrected when the actual update was released. I just verified right before I wrote this:

Just to be clear. This is me rotating my iPad. Not the remote doing it on its own : )

I have the same problem with my iPad Pro. The remote app is stuck in portrait mode and no longer supports landscape mode which is supper annoying. I don’t know a single iPad person who uses portrait mode. I never used it in 10 years of iPad use. I have tried deleting and reloading the app: I have tried a complete restore of the iPad. I even tried using an older backup but nothing stops the app from going into portrait mode. So I am at loss on how to fix this.

1 Like

I am sorry to say it, but why the developer cannot test the landscape/portrait modus on an iPad BEFORE publishing the newest version?

It is an elementar function in order to use the Audirvana remote app on the iPad, especially when you use the ipad with a keyboard like me.

And it is quite sad that the bug fixing like the profane landscape/portrait function takes several weeks!

Instead we are discussing this obvious bug so many times!

I love the Audirvana sound but the remote app was always triggered by bugs, unconvenient handling and crashs. This is not very professional!

Best regards!:v:

1 Like

Hi there,

Same problem as johnaflood, unable to see “en cours de lecture” progress bar and so on, forced to quit, reconnect and go on.

Also : please make the fix like before, do not wake the computer screen when connect the remote ! it is very annoying.

MBA M1 macOS 13.1 iPad 6th iOS 16.1 Remote v 4

Cheers and thanks in advance for fixes :wink:

J’ai aussi souvent une “erreur requête” quand je swipe forward ou en appuyant sur le bouton next track, il ne se passe rien à part le message d’erreur, qui apparaît verticalement (?) dans la partie de gauche où il y a les menus.

Obligé à nouveau de quitter Remote se reconnecter (ce qui rallume l’écran de mon MBA) et relancer Remote pour pouvoir changer de piste, un peu relou pour le moins !

Màj iOS 16.1 → 16.2 ne change rien, le problème vient clairement de votre côté.

:wink:

You’re lucky it works at all, no landscape mode at all on my iPhone.