Purchase now but moving to new Apple Silicon Mac

Just come across the product and have installed on my old Mac Pro in trial mode. I love the product and want to purchase but anticipate getting a new Apple silicon Mac in a few months. I’m not sure of the licensing model - if I buy now with the product work natively on the new Mac and do I need to download a different version?

Thanks

Yes it will work on the new Mac with same serial number,
and no, you will not need another version :slight_smile:

Sorry - but just to confirm as this is not explicitly mentioned on the website re Apple silicon;

Is this running native or through Rosetta?

Thanks

From version 3.5.43 it’s native for M1.

Hello @Orgs,

It is stated on our FAQ: https://audirvana.com/support/
Do you think it’s have not been made obvious on the website?

Apologies in advance if I have missed something obvious (and that’s quite possible :slight_smile: )

I agree that it says; ’

Audirvana will run as efficiently and as quietly as possible on the new M1 chip, ensuring an optimal audio performance on these new computers as well.’

It also says;

‘With Audirvana 3.5.43, you have an adapted and rebuilt version that take full advantage of Apple Silicon.’

However some people have produced software and said similar things to this meaning that their software works perfectly when running under Rosetta. Of course they don’t mention that its not truely ‘native’. To many people that doesn’t matter. What I wanted to ascertain was whether Audirvana was native or not and I have not seen that on the website. Perhaps I missed the ‘native’ word somewhere on the website.

Bitracer has replied and said ‘From version 3.5.43 it’s native for M1’ so I guess that answers the question.

Thanks