Qobuz streaming in Hi Res

Hello, I started evaluation period. unfortunately Qobuz HiRes streaming does not work. After 3 or 4 seconds the music stops an I heard something like a “pink noise”. CD quality streaming seems to be ok.

I installed Audirvana on my Mac Mini (i5 - 2 core 1,4Ghz with 4Go DDR and 250Go SSD) connected to my Lumin via ethernet which is just employed as transport box. My DAC is an Aaccuphase linked to Lumin by coax.

How to solve the issue ?

Thanks in advance

Marek

Can’t you configure Qobuz directly in the Lumin app?

You can check the pre-load cache. Set it to either 1024 and 2048 MB (or somewhere in between). Are you upsampling?

Direct streaming from Qobuz works very well. No issues with that

I have been streaming Qobuz hires successfully but a new version of Audirvana for Windows has just been installed: 3.5.9 and this seems to have affected the sound. With Qobuz it seems to have become strident and harsh. Playing files on the laptop hard drive does not seem to have changed. Has anyone else found this? Is it even possible? It is the same whether usb or dlna connections made.

Hello @GB46, The 3.5.9 version didn’t made any change in Qobuz integration but have done some on Tidal. Did you made any change in your audio settings in Audirvana?

Hi Damien, thanks for the reply. I haven’t made any changes. I have noticed that the effect seems to vary. While playing an album the quality can vary throughout (classical, all the same master). It looks as though I can rule out anything to do with 3.5.9 install, so I must look elsewhere. Native files are ok so that should rule out computer or connection issues. Maybe Qobuz is at fault? Maybe something to do with demand on their service? At its worst the effect is really quite bad - loss of definition/imaging, distorted and harsh top end etc. It is also a new phenomenon. As I said usb or dlna both sound much the same… It will be interesting to see if anyone else reports it. Maybe I should have a trial of HIRES Audio and compare. Thanks for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.