Recently Added Playlist - Showing recently played tracks?

Trialing Origin right now, but I’ve seen this same behavior in 3.5. Whenever I play a track, it seems to add it to the recently added playlist. Is this an indication that the metadata is somehow being updated which forces the system to see it as recently added?

I’d much prefer that recently added be tracks that are new to my library and not reflect what I’ve recently played. That could be pulled into a different playlist if desired.

That is not the case actually, unless you made a change in the playlist rules.

Interesting. This is the default behavior I’m getting on a fresh install. Unless it was somehow changed in 3.5 and origin picked it up.

How should the recently added playlist be configured?

When you go in my playlist and you select the Recently added playlist, can you please take a look at the rules you have? By default it should be like this:

Hmm, this is really weird. I’ve verified that my playlist config is matching yours, which it is. But it is definitely adding recently played tracks to the list. I’m pulling the music to an iMac running Origin from a Synology NAS. I can’t imagine there is anything special about that.

I’ve verified that the file dates, both added and modified, on played tracks are not changing, so it’s not that. Not that I believed it was, but it could cause this depending on how the file system handled it.

Can you please record a video of this behavior and send it to support@audirvana.com?