Release 1.3.6 (1062) - changing from pcm to dsd producing pop

Release 1.3.6 (1062) - changing from pcm to dsd producing pop

Had this problem in previous versions of Audirvana Plus.

This was tested with the Mytek Brooklyn DAC+.

The problem only exists with the ASIO driver, not the WASAPI driver. When switching from a PCM (44.1) file to a DSF file, there is a brief gap and a pop. Everything is fine in the other direction (DSF -> PCM.)

Before anyone responds with the pat response “poor driver”, note that this issue does not manifest itself when using Roon, foobar2000, J River Media Center, or HQPlayer.

I also had this same problem with my other DAC but I need to retest it with the latest version of Audirvana Plus for Windows.

Do you have to select a specific option in the other players to activate the workaround for this driver issue?
Like an option “Mute during sample rate change” (BTW, have you activated it in Audirvana Plus?)

Hi everybody!
As I wrote before, me too I am struggling with pops. When I use upsampling to DSD, at the end of the playlist, everytime, 2 pops crack through the system. It seems, Audirvana returns here from DSD to PCM. This is since 1.3.0.
At the moment I deinstalled all drivers of my Cambridge Audio DAC magic plus and the IFI nano DSD. Looking up at IFI, I found this: https://ifi-audio.com/pop-goes-dsd-why-does-this-happen/
I want to know before I reinstall anything, if there are problems to be expected, when installing USB AUDIO 2.0 drivers for 2 different products. I think, I will try to clear this with IFI, I want to install the IFI drivers first.
So, somehow, this muting option doesn`t work properly with some products.
BR
BB

Tried different settings, no success in sight. I’ll rollback, before 1.3.0, and probably stay there :cry:
BR
BB

Ok, not a simple task. Damien, could you please make version 1051 accessible to me?
BR
BB

No, I did not have to select a ‘specific option’ in the other players. Yes, I have tried the option ‘Mute during sample rate change’ in Audirvana Plus and noticed no change whatsoever.

Before I reported the problem only happens with the ASIO driver. Now I also notice it (but it’s a more faint sound) with the WASAPI driver.

The problem seems to have disappeared with release 1.3.7 (1063). I will keep monitoring.

Cheers!

I’m exactly with this problem in version 1.3.8
Any solution?
It only happens when you switch from DSD, Flac does not happen

Hi,

I have the same twice loud popping sound “bug” on Windows with ASIO drivers upsampling from PCM to DSD, and it’s each time I skip a track this occurs.

To be sure it wasn’t my DAC USB driver I made a try with the trial version of ROON, and there was no kind of thoses loud pops.

Yep, also here nothing changed with 3.5.
This is very annoying because it once was okay, 1051…
BR
BB

I also tried the room and it worked perfectly.
I think it’s a problem with this version, I hope they can solve it.
I really like Audirvana’s sound quality.