Remote Control, where it is?

Dang. It would be really nice to have that remote now. My setup is a server with Audirvana installed, so I need the remote function badly.

I installed AS at release I would like to test it while the demo is still active. I really hope that the developers release it soon.

As a workaround you can also install a program like splashtop (just google it. It is free). Basically it is a remote desktop program. I am not saying it is the final solution, but it enables you to test Audirvana Studio.

2 Likes

I never use Audirvana on Desktop (other than basically switching it on, obviously), I only ever use or see the remote app.

The desktop UI is irrelevant to me. Unless the remote app turns out to be excellent, fully-featured and bug-free Audirvana Studio will be useless to me.
So there’s no way I’m going to waste my time testing this new version until the remote app is released.

And, since I hate renting software (which is what a subscription model for audio playback software actually is) it’s going to have to be seriously good for me to even consider doing so.

dont expect too much, i really dont see the benefits of studio over audirvana 3,5 . i´m dissapointed actually

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. Splashtop does the job nicely.

1 Like

10d

Hello @MikeO and @Mark01,

You will still be able to use the Remote with 3.5, we will make an update of the Remote when it will be ready for Studio.

After the update it will automatically detect whether you have launched Audirvana 3.5 or Studio when you launch the Remote.

1 Like

“We”?
Do you work for Audirvana?
If not, please make it clear that you are quoting from elsewhere, and include a link to the quoted material.
Thank you.

Apologies. I do my best. I DO NOT work for Audirvana. It’s merely a post from info I have read on the forum. Good idea to do you own search. However, deeply sorry if that misled you.

Please see attached screenshot from main forum page re. all info regarding the remote.

I was actually quoting a direct post from Damien which you will find in this section. And below that a screenshot from whence “my quote” came from. I feel like I’m justifying my thesis to my phd prof.

[By-the-way … I’ve suggested if you are on a mac/android you might meanwhile try Splashtop. A pretty neat way of controlling Audirvana Studio or 3.5 from my experience.

Hundreds of people have been asking.

I appreciate your response but it doesn’t really help.

My server is remote from my listening area, it’s a Desktop rather akin to a small tractor !

I only ever use Audirvana via its remote app, hence AS is useless currently until the remote is released

It’s yet another indication that AS wasn’t quite ready to release …

Have you tired Splashtop

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 5.53.21 pm

1 Like

This is nonsense, why not post a link to an alternative music player that has a full suite of apps.

Even a free trial is a joke …

I had a look at that Splashtop website out of pure curiousity, I have no intention of using it.

As a warning to others my McAfee flashed up this alert.

"This website allows other people to control your PC

Software from this website gives other people access to your PC – scammers might use it to secretly gain access to your personal info.

If you’re asked to download software or give out your personal info, be sure it’s by someone you trust."

I wouldn’t go near it if I were you.

Yes of course it is a remote desktop app. It’s whole purpose is to control somebody’s PC. What is your point?

2 Likes

At the risk of your post actually being a whoosh - My point is I’d trust what McAfee are telling me as opposed to some randomer on the internet.

McAfee is right. But the whole purpose of a remote desktop app like Splashtop (which is a well known trust worthy program) is to control somebody’s PC. You want to control another PC with Audirvana on it from your tablet. So you conclusion is wrong. It is supposed to do that. Just like Microsoft Remote Desktop, or TeamViewer etc. All those programs would get the same warning from McAfee.

2 Likes

Fine, I bow to your superior knowledge. I’m just a bit confused about how McAfee can be right, and my conclusion can be wrong.
Anyway I’m not getting into a long discussion about something I’m not going use. I put it out there as a warning to others. You have put your side forward, the others can make their own mind up.

No need for sarcasm. I don’t have superior knowledge, but I was just trying to explain something to you.
McAfee is right that you can control other PC’s with that program. Your conclusion that it therefore must be a harmfull program is false, because it is supposed to do that.

But, as you said, I am sure other people can make up their own minds :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

I don’t hand out the permissions to others to use my computer. Works excellently for me.

Here’s some info from their website:

https://www.splashtop.com/set-up-secure-remote-access#:~:text=Is%20Splashtop%20Secure%3F,authentication%20and%20two-factor%20authentication.

• How Do I Set Up Secure Remote Access?

• Determine a security policy for your organization that includes which level of access certain groups/levels of employees will have and which level of account verification you want to enable or enforce. Here are the security features you can enable in Splashtop:

• When creating deployment packages in the Splashtop Console, you can enable or disable:
    • Windows or Mac login when connecting remotely
    • Request permission to connect to the user’s computer
    • Automatically blank the remote screen when connected
    • Automatically lock remote computer when disconnected
    • Lock the remote computer’s keyboard and mouse while in session
    • Lock the streamer settings using Splashtop admin credentials
    • In your Splashtop Account Settings, you can enable Two-step verification
    • In your Splashtop Account Team Settings, you can enable or disable the following features:
    • In-session file transfer
    • Out-of-session file transfer
    • Remote print
    • Text copy/paste
    • Remote wake
    • Remote Reboot
    • Out-of-session chat
    • Session recording
    • Concurrent remote sessions
    • Remote command
    • Group-specific admin roles
    • Secondary user access to Management tab in the Splashtop Console
    • Secondary user permission to see groups
    • Allow secondary users to trust devices during two-step verification process
    • Require admins to use two-step verification
    • Require secondary users to use two-step verification
    • Customize who receives device authentication emails
  • As you can see, you have a lot of options that will help you set up secure remote access policies for your team.

Very likely very secure eh!?!

It was a genuine comment. I was not being sarcastic, I could do better than that, trust me. :grinning:

OK, I bow for your superiour genuine comment :laughing:

2 Likes