Remote Control, where it is?

McAfee is right. But the whole purpose of a remote desktop app like Splashtop (which is a well known trust worthy program) is to control somebody’s PC. You want to control another PC with Audirvana on it from your tablet. So you conclusion is wrong. It is supposed to do that. Just like Microsoft Remote Desktop, or TeamViewer etc. All those programs would get the same warning from McAfee.

2 Likes

Fine, I bow to your superior knowledge. I’m just a bit confused about how McAfee can be right, and my conclusion can be wrong.
Anyway I’m not getting into a long discussion about something I’m not going use. I put it out there as a warning to others. You have put your side forward, the others can make their own mind up.

No need for sarcasm. I don’t have superior knowledge, but I was just trying to explain something to you.
McAfee is right that you can control other PC’s with that program. Your conclusion that it therefore must be a harmfull program is false, because it is supposed to do that.

But, as you said, I am sure other people can make up their own minds :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

I don’t hand out the permissions to others to use my computer. Works excellently for me.

Here’s some info from their website:

https://www.splashtop.com/set-up-secure-remote-access#:~:text=Is%20Splashtop%20Secure%3F,authentication%20and%20two-factor%20authentication.

• How Do I Set Up Secure Remote Access?

• Determine a security policy for your organization that includes which level of access certain groups/levels of employees will have and which level of account verification you want to enable or enforce. Here are the security features you can enable in Splashtop:

• When creating deployment packages in the Splashtop Console, you can enable or disable:
    • Windows or Mac login when connecting remotely
    • Request permission to connect to the user’s computer
    • Automatically blank the remote screen when connected
    • Automatically lock remote computer when disconnected
    • Lock the remote computer’s keyboard and mouse while in session
    • Lock the streamer settings using Splashtop admin credentials
    • In your Splashtop Account Settings, you can enable Two-step verification
    • In your Splashtop Account Team Settings, you can enable or disable the following features:
    • In-session file transfer
    • Out-of-session file transfer
    • Remote print
    • Text copy/paste
    • Remote wake
    • Remote Reboot
    • Out-of-session chat
    • Session recording
    • Concurrent remote sessions
    • Remote command
    • Group-specific admin roles
    • Secondary user access to Management tab in the Splashtop Console
    • Secondary user permission to see groups
    • Allow secondary users to trust devices during two-step verification process
    • Require admins to use two-step verification
    • Require secondary users to use two-step verification
    • Customize who receives device authentication emails
  • As you can see, you have a lot of options that will help you set up secure remote access policies for your team.

Very likely very secure eh!?!

It was a genuine comment. I was not being sarcastic, I could do better than that, trust me. :grinning:

OK, I bow for your superiour genuine comment :laughing:

2 Likes

I am using splashtop for about 2 years now.
It works bloody perfect and very stable!!!
I am using also the Audirvana remote app, which works fine on my Samsung S7edge Phone, with O.S. Android 8, but doesn’t work anymore in conjunction with my Samsung S2 tablet with O.S. Android 7
Splashtop works with both Samsungs !!!

Hopefully Damien is coming shortly with the promised update for the Audirvana app.

1 Like

Forgot to say, i am using 3.5.46 and not A.S.

1 Like

Dear Philip,

As a MacOS user, I cannot speak the Gospel for Windows users.

While I perfectly understand the value there is in the use of Splashtop, and other similar services, it stands to reason to prefer the use of Screen Sharing or a local VNC solution on a private local network, as there is no need in that case to involve an internet service which might be considered a security risk by the more security sensitive amongst us.

2 weeks into the trial I was really expecting to have a remote app available for testing.

It would have been nice to get a warning from Damien that the remote app wouldn’t be available for a while. I simply would have waited with my trial until the app is there. It is an integral part of the user experience of a player.

7 Likes

Hi mollie

I have never been able to get the remote working on any of my Samsung devices. I’ve tried everything. Including moving house.

I yesterday downloaded Roon trial and used the Roon remote … which showed me what I’m missing. It was a dream come true. So I’m so looking forward to AS Remote.

2 Likes

Hi
Which Android O.S. version do you use on these Samsungs?
Have jou checked your firewall settings?
In case you are not sure, check it, you never …

Hi mollie

Thanks for replying.

I am now certifiably about to be carted away by the-men-in-white-coats. Thay are being very nice and understanding; it’s just the neighbours are complaining (to put it kindly) as I rant and rave trying to connect to the Remote.

I’ve tried EVERYTHING mentioned on world-wide forums.

Latest Samsung software; rebooted every aplliance in the house (including refrigerators and washing machine); moved house; changed my name; changed my profession; changed my friends; and changing my gender and appearance have not altered the outcome of my connection issues.

Nothing works to get the Audirvana remote connecting.

All I have left is my sense of humour. Some say I’ve even lost that. The unkindest cut of all.

[I’m very conscious of Damien and the team are probably working every day and night to fix and provide a fantastic music player. I am definitely sticking with that team.] [@Antoine @Damien2 - please take the weekends off and have some fun.]

Although the Roon Remote is heaven on two legs.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. Fortunately I have a teamviewer license so I’ve used that. But I want know what the remote is like. Really sad it wasn’t available during the demo period as promised.

I am using Splashtop on my tablet at the moment, which is always working together with Audirvana, without any failure or flaw!!!

1 Like

Is it next week yet?

3 Likes

My trial period will end again in a week, after being extended, so where is the remote?

3 Likes

I took out the subscription two weeks ago.
error. if I had known that it would take so long with the remote, then I would have better gone to roon,
everything takes too long here.

“When will then be now?”

“Soon!”

2 Likes

How Soon Is Now?