ReplayGain Analysis no longer works

I no longer see the option to analyze new albums that have been recognized during a library sync operation.

I also noticed that a lot of records that needed analysis no longer show up as well.

Can someone (@damien?) please confirm that this is a) a bug and b) will be fixed in the next release? I really rely on this.

Little speaker down corner right.
Click your dac then the arrow for dac prefs, scroll down

I’m talking about analyzing files for RG. This has zero to do with your DAC.

So even in the latest version when I add a new album I do not see it come up to select within the Audio Dynamics Analysis screen.

Anybody else see this too?

Which album is this? Which file type?
Are there metadata correct so that you see this album with correct artist and title in the Albums view?

Damien, this is true across my collection. They are all FLAC files. Yes the metadata looks fine in Album view.

So I just imported Kryptos’ latest record (Afterburner) in FLAC. Again, I see it under my catalog with no issue but I zero opportunity to analyze for RG.

Please help!

Can you check the database integrity using the command in the Maintenance section of the preferences page?

If it fails, then you may want to restore from a backup, or delete the file AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite to restart from scratch.
It is located in ~/Library/Application Support/Audirvana
To access ~/Library with the Finder, you can use its Go menu while pressing the option (or alt) key. This reveals the Library command in this Go menu.

Special Warning : When you delete the file AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite, you will lose all the Playlists you created in Audirvana. However, you can back-up all those Playlists by exporting them before deleting the database file.

I don’t understand why Audio Dynamics Analysis / ReplayGain is located at such a strange place. Too much hassle to access this function. I feel it belongs to library settings, or as a part of the Audirvana settings. Not somewhere in speaker settings… Secondly, it hasn’t the option to select all files. Quite the hassle if you imported a lot of files! And my AV receiver (Pioneer SC-LX801) keeps disappearing from the list of DAC’s and Network players…

It is located in the audio settings page as ReplayGain is an audio volume feature.
The Select All button is located bottom right of the list of albums.

On the OT issue, it is quite possible your receiver is either disconnecting due to power saving setting, or due to switching to another entry than network?

Hi Damien,

As I understand, replayGain is an audio volume feature that is part of audio settings that belong to individual tracks, be it as track setting or album setting. It is part of tags, and let a user play albums or tracks with or without these settings. It’s true that the volume output depends on it, but it still track related, so it seems to me that is more a feature of the library than of the output devices. Again, too much hassle to access it.
Secondly, yes the receiver switches all the time from one source to another. I like playing cd’s and vinyl as well :). I guessed that Audirvana+ would list it whenever the device was detected, and kept it in a library, and just checked the availability when it would be used for play through. Detected devices could be marked in a different way than undetected. It would be really stupid to have to wait for a long period to analyze hundreds of tracks… So I always go via “built-in output”. additionally I overlooked the “select all” feature, because of it not being presented as a knob. Also in addition, a deselect button would be much appreciated.
Btw, how can I see if and which replayGain feature is active? Or does it always play the replayGain settings that were chosen? I thought and hoped that track tags were updated…

Thanks for the fast response!

Kind regards, Luc

When the receiver send a disconnect message, Audirvana removes it from the list of available devices.
However, it is still remembered as the preferred device, so when it sends a reconnect message (by switching its input to network?), it is automatically selected.

RG use is shown just under the playing file format, bottom left of Audirvana Window

As you can see, my AV Receiver (Pioneer SC-LX801) isn’t displayed.
Even if turned off and on again.
I wouldn’t even know which source to select. I guess it would be NET(work).
The older network player Pioneer N-30 does appear. Has no problem to connect. It even comes awake when play is selected.
I don’t know if this is a restriction of Pioneer, or a prob in the detection.
Nothing else I can do at my side…
Preferably I would use the AV, because of the upscaling en quality.

Update: I did a hard reset on the AV Receiver and it reappeared. Strangely enough I did it a day ago, and it didn’t have the same result…
Additionaly, no gapless playing from Audirvana+. When playing straight from the Qnap NAS TS-453A trough Asset uPnP, it DOES play gapless. I added this for your information…

Thanx again for the reply!