Sequence of songs

Hi,

Audirvana is always mixing up the order of my songs, when there are more than 9 tracks on a CD.

I received this mail from Audirvana:

Regarding your issue you should check in Finder how your songs are sorted, they will be like Audirvana in 1,10,etc…. all you have to do is adding a 0 to 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc… this will change the sorting in the exact format you want.

I looked forever but could not find the page in Audirvana where I can change the settings.

Can someone please help me? Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

Best,
Thomas

He is not talking in Audirvana window… rename your song to 01, 02 instead of 1, 2 where they are in your music folder… they will sync after in audirvana

Thank you so much for your message.

So I will have to rename all the files of all my CDs? Is there no automatic set up?

Mmm, not the best time now to answer to you, but i tried to find exemple in my database, but all my songs i see fast looking at them are all named 01 - xxx or 01. xxx like that you are sure that when you reach 10 - xxx or 10. xxx it will stay in order, it is the same thing when you have an album like stockhausen that have more than 100 song in it… it has to be name 001 - xxx or 001. xxx or when you will reach 100 it will be classified after 10… you see ?

the other thing you have to check is that… is it working when you try to classified them like here in the picture…

Did you made all your songs yourself with one number ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much again for taking the time to help me.

I already had the track numbers set to ascending. And the numbers of the tracks are on the CD, I did not change them.

But I will start doing that now so that all the songs will be played in sequence.

Thank you ver much again. Have a nice day.

Best regards,
Thomas

There are softwares on mac like Renamer for free that can rename big batch if you have many…, it will rename in folders like starting 1. To 01. Or 9 - to 09 -

OK, thanks.

I just checked their website and they charge 20 USD now. But I will search the internet for a free version.