Setting albums to list by year

So by my count we have six proponents of moving this item higher on the list, there may be more elsewhere, but it seems we need to encourage them to post their interest here. To be honest it’s one of the only issues I currently have with Audirvana, which is good.

I had to make this post however due to the recent newsletter content, these quotes show how important sorting is to all of us:

Manage how your music is displayed
Filters and sorting criteria are used to easily browse your music by customizing the display of your content

**The sorting criteria setting allows you to choose in which order Audirvana showcases your content:

Go to Audirvana settings and open the “Sorting Criteria” tab
Choose the order of the criteria for your local library and streaming playlists.
Your tracks and albums will be displayed according to your set criteria.

Sorting is based on metadata, that is why different settings are available for your local tracks, albums and streaming playlists.

1 Like

Same issues here. I agree this is towards the top of my issues with the software.

I thought this was fixed in the recent update but it wasn’t, what was it that changed in the sorting criteria during this update? This is the main reason why I didn’t buy this software

The latest update — Audirvana 3.5.42 (3572) — still does not address this sorting issue. I realize Big Sur compatibility is probably taking time right now (I’m not having any problems with Audirvana on macOS 11.0.1), but to me this sorting problem is also a big issue (and has been for some time). Given that Audirvana recognizes that their users want to sort by various criteria, it seems it should work. Can we get this sorting problem bumped up on the bug list?

3 Likes

I understand totally that priority list for solving bugs, but this bug still annoys many people (it seems to… ), wondering at each update if the problem is solved or not (this is what I wonder after each update btw… ).

It was reported 1 year ago approx., and I’m sure this is not a big deal to solve this sorting criterion issue.

Spending still a bit less than 100 bucks to get the Audirvana license (nowadays), can’t user expect to be able to sort by Year their Albums in the Artist view One year after having reported this issue?! (that’s even something any good music player handles very well)

2 Likes

I’ll add my name to this request. I’m only trialling Audirvana, but I won’t be buying if I cannot do this.

2 Likes

I want this, too. Having already bought the software I still think it’s disappointing that this hasn’t been fixed for almost a year now since reported.

I understand priorities but this shouldn’t take much time to fix / implement.

1 Like

Not being able to display the year of an album, which Audirvana doesn’t seem to be able to do, is a serious drawback. It’s more than a nice-to-have.

Current version 3.5.44 (3574), still no joy, doesn’t seem this bug will ever make it to the top of the list. :frowning: Now 15 months on this thread.

@Antoine—At this point (well over a year), I must ask if this issue is going to be addressed? We know sorting is important to Audirvana users as you have given us the ability to sort based on various criteria, to me this is the most basic as it’s how I sort my physical music collection, Artist > Album Release Date. I assume my settings page should look like what I’ve attached below, but release after release my albums still sort alphabetically. I hope we can get this fixed soon. Thanks—Bruce

1 Like

For sure they’re working hard (I guess considering the upcoming announcement this Sunday), but yes, this issue is still very annoying.
Here my settings, where I expect to have a proper Year sorting in the Artist panel.

1 Like

Yes, I’m sure it’s a busy time, I hope the launch goes well, I’m going to try and make it.

I asked this during the preview but understand there were far too many questions, is this now a feature that will only be fixed in Studio?

OMG, considering the yesterday announcement, it looks like this issue will never be solved in the 3.5 version. Sadder than this, considering there is no option to get a proper Lifetime upgrade (or at least one paid version per milestone improvement) for the Studio version… I think I’ll have to find another alternative when the 3.5 version will not be supported on the upcoming macOS.

Year sorting patch still not contained in the ‘Minor fixes’ in the 3.5.46 build.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.