Simplest setup?

Winterlong, here’s what I use to stream my multi channel DSD64/128 and Flac files.

In my living room where my audio equipment is: I have a Marantz receiver connected to an Exasound e38 DAC and Sigma Streamer over WiFi. (Never use Bluetooth.) The DAC is connected to the receiver through 5.1 analog line inputs (and it doesn’t do any processing on the analog inputs). This works great for 2-channel, but not multi ch since Audirvana doesn’t support multi ch streaming. I use other software for that (that’s more complicated). I’m thinking of moving to Roon because of this.

In my office I have Yamaha MusicCast speakers that can wirelessly transmit 24/192 flac and DSD64 (it downmixes multi ch to stereo). Airplay and other formats don’t support DSD and of course only do 16/44.1kHz.

My library lives on the cloud (I use pCloud since the data is in Switzerland with strict privacy laws) and Audirvana handles the data on the cloud.

This is a pretty simple setup and works seamlessly.

In general, I try to stay away from having extra technical layers like DLNA/uPnP etc. to avoid complications (esp. multi ch); they’re not insurmountable, however they require technical knowledge if you really want to mess with it. I have that in spades, but don’t have the time to spend tinkering with it.

Hope it helps. Enjoy whatever new system you end up with.

OK, so this is what I was using without knowing the standard involved. Thanks.